Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vest for flying

Vest for flying

Did anyone see the Marie show yesterday on the Hallmark channel? A lady had a vest with 22 pockets for flying. I'd love to see a pattern for that. Like she said, it beats a carryon bag and they don't say how much YOU can weigh. All she does is take it off, send it through the scanner like a purse, then puts it back on. It carries a huge amount of stuff.

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cBI...eature=related

Here is a Scottevest. Loads of pockets. Sounds interesting and looks very good.

Blog Entries
    I'll have to check that out. My husband would probably love something like that for hunting.

What a great idea! I would like one of them for everyday use and local traveling. Very convenient to have items in pockets and not need to carry a purse.

Blog Entries
    a clever idea, indeed
    Nancy in western NY

Great idea for wearing to a quilt/trade show instead of bringing a purse. *stuff* is far more secure in the vest than in a purse, plus it leaves your hands free.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Scottevest is about $180.00. I have a tactical vest that I wore and was told to take all the stuff out of the pockets and put my stuff in the plastic bin to go through the scanner at the airport. The TSA guy told me it's just like a purse or briefcase and I'd have to take everything out of my pockets. So I suppose if I had cargo pants on with lots of pockets I couldn't strip down to my panties and throw the pants on the belt either. But if TSA wanted me to strip down I'd have to do it for them. I was just thinking it was a good way to save time and help them do their job.

Blog Entries
    It is clever but don't let my husband see that... That would be too much work. I have to sew jeans pockets on his sweat shirts so he doesn't have to reach inside to his shirt pocket for his geek junk.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

It looks great and I showed it to my DH. He loves things like that, but would be interested for myself. The quiltshow idea is great - it make one less thing to drag around plus secures the important things.

I bought a vest from Travelsmith when they had them on sale. Lots of pockets and it holds my yo yo maker and fabric, also knitting.
    Sandra