Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A vet visit today

This afternoon we took Bella to the vet to have her snout looked at. She got a rather deep scratch on it. They sent her home with antibiotics and a germ killing soap I have to use a few times a day on her.

Anyways while we were there, a lady came in and said her dog fell out of her car. They asked how fast she was going........
    She said....50 mph!!! and he fell out of an open window.
    Poor thing had little wobbly legs and was bleeding from the opposite end of its nose.

This is why our dogs are tethered in the bed of the truck and surrounded by toolboxes and a gate across the back of the truck. So they can't jump out.

They took him back into a treatment room so I don't know the outcome. Hopefully this story will make people think twice about letting their dogs ride unsecured in the bed of a truck or riding in the car with windows all the way down.

Blog Entries
    EWWW , so sorry to haer this story. I sure hope the dog will be ok.

How sad! We do nto allow ours to even ride with thie heads hanging out the window because I fear of an object being blown into their eyes. It has happened. I worry also about pets in the back of trucks unsecured. Hope your pet heals quickly and also the one that fell out of the car!

Blog Entries
    Hope your baby feels better soon. That is the reason I only open the window about 3 inches.

Blog Entries
    So sad. Hope it is okay

Yes, we have learned to keep the windows up. One time we were at the campground and our chihuahua was so excited to go camping she jumped out the window. Luckily, she landed in some pine needles and only scraped her chin.

Blog Entries
    My mothers shelty did something like that. We had the windows down in the van, driving down our street. The dog saw the house, got real excited out of nowhere. She thrusts into my lap and flew out the window. Bad timing, she went out as we were passing a telephone pole, mom tried to slam on the brakes, but it was too late. She hit the pole and fractured her hip.
    Still have no idea what possessed the dog to do that. She never did it again after that either.

Blog Entries
    I learned my lesson on that along time ago as my Golden loves balls and he saw a basketball rolling across the street just as I was turning a corner. he went out that window in a flash. By the time I got stopped he had the ball and was looking at me like "What" he is now seatbelted in at all times... Scared the you know what out of me. I though i had run him over.

I no longer have my sweet canine any more, but when I did, my niece introduced me to seat belts for dogs, a harness with a place for the belt to attach, allowing her to move and lie down, but still be tethered. I cannot imagine putting a dog in the back of a pickup, especially without being tethered! I hope the dog you saw was all right.

We use a harness/seatbelt for our dogs too. Besides keeping the dogs safe it also lets me concentrate on driving, not watching to see what they're doing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast