Virus Protection

Old 08-06-2010, 03:13 PM

I've never gotten a warning but I have adblock plus so I didn't even know there were ads on this site. lol
Old 08-06-2010, 03:17 PM

This is exactly why I do all my web surfing using Linux. I don't even have to run virus protection. It took some getting used to, but I will never go back to using windows for internet activity. Unfortunetly, you can't run any sewing programs in linux. :cry: :cry:
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM

I have a degree in Computer Networking and Security Management, I also manage my network and can say that I have not found any viruses or trojans on this site. As many have said, when you click a link another has posted, you run the risk of the link containing or directing you to a virus, trojan or worm. My suggestion to all is to keep your computers antivirus up to date, and if you think you are having problem, don't send e-mails or links to anyone else. Stop the spreading of viruses, trojans and worms.

Also, if you think you have a virus, trojan or worm, go to google, type in a antivirus website, what ever website you prefer, www.avg.com or www.trendmicro.com if you get redirected to some other crazy website, then you most likely have a virus, trojan or worm on your computer.Then you need to remove the virus, trojan or worm with help if you can't do it yourself.

Another also, www.trendmicro.com has a "housecall" feature. It is free. If you think you have a virus, trojan or worm you can go to trendmicro and click on housecall then they will connect to your computer and scan AND remove any virus, trojans, worms, or malware.

Best advise....keep your antivirus updated!

That is my $200.00 an hour tip of the day.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

I get cookie threat warnings every time I play in this general realm. Never knew cookies could be bad - bad FOR you Yes - particularly the Maccadamia nut and white chocolate - but simply bad....... lol
Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

I use Google Chrome Browser and no virus at all gets through. I use AVG email and computer anti virus/ scanner (free) and it cleans up any email that has a virus attached. I had a friend deliberately send me a bad Trojan virus and AVG stopped it cold. Of course you have to have auto update every day or no virus program will be any good.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Thanks for all the tips !!

Like machines when they work, hate them when they don't, and tech gurus are my heros when strange things begin happening. But this is true for all machines..... never hurts to talk nice to them (the machines ), just sometimes not too loud. :)
Old 08-06-2010, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I had a friend deliberately send me a bad Trojan virus and AVG stopped it cold.
Yikes. With friends like that...