Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: We're back -- pictures

  1. #1
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Hi all -- missed you all! I just spent 8 days at a local lake with my husband and a couple I've known for 100 yrs. Diane and I met in 2nd grade --- 53 yrs. ago! We had a ball. We watched the eagles, osprey and white pelicans "fishing" -- what an experience!!! The chipmunks were having a ball trying to get us to put out the peanuts. We also saw river otters and beavers! It was a relaxing week of watching wildlife and eating (emphasis on eating, too!! :D )

    I've set up a photoshop page for pictures. It's my first try to access the pictures this way...hopefully it'll work! If not, I'll post them individually!

    http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Campground/

  2. #2
    Super Member virtualbernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,588
    Blog Entries
    3
    Wonderful pics! My grandkids oh'd and ah'd over them!

  3. #3
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    oh - good -- glad you could see them!!! I'll go in tomorrow and post more!!! :-D

  4. #4
    Super Member Lakeview Quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,345
    Blog Entries
    1
    Beautiful pictures. Wouldn't it be neat to replicate one into a quilt? Thanks for sharing.

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,216
    Great pics...would love to be on top of that Mt. with snow on it right now. It was 103 here today...

  6. #6
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Granna of 5
    Great pics...would love to be on top of that Mt. with snow on it right now. It was 103 here today...
    yeah, it's hot here at home, too. We were bundled up for most of the week...it was windy and cold there...and had thunderstorms!!!! (thunder - no rain)

  7. #7
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeview Quilting
    Beautiful pictures. Wouldn't it be neat to replicate one into a quilt? Thanks for sharing.
    Yes...ANY of them would! I may try one of an eagle...I have another pic of an eagle posted that I took last week.

  8. #8
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    thanks for sharing the pictures!

  9. #9
    Super Member magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,075
    Looks like a beautiful place to relax. Glad you had a good time and the pics are fab.

  10. #10
    Ms. Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Madison Heights, VA
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Hi all -- missed you all! I just spent 8 days at a local lake with my husband and a couple I've known for 100 yrs. Diane and I met in 2nd grade --- 53 yrs. ago! We had a ball. We watched the eagles, osprey and white pelicans "fishing" -- what an experience!!! The chipmunks were having a ball trying to get us to put out the peanuts. We also saw river otters and beavers! It was a relaxing week of watching wildlife and eating (emphasis on eating, too!! :D )

    I've set up a photoshop page for pictures. It's my first try to access the pictures this way...hopefully it'll work! If not, I'll post them individually!

    http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Campground/
    Hello Amandasgramma, OMG!!!! WOW!!! These pictures should be in a magazine!!! Are you a professional photographer?? If Not you should be!! They are beautiful pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :shock: :shock: :-o :-D :P :lol: :wink: :roll: :XD: :thumbup:

  11. #11
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Hi all -- missed you all! I just spent 8 days at a local lake with my husband and a couple I've known for 100 yrs. Diane and I met in 2nd grade --- 53 yrs. ago! We had a ball. We watched the eagles, osprey and white pelicans "fishing" -- what an experience!!! The chipmunks were having a ball trying to get us to put out the peanuts. We also saw river otters and beavers! It was a relaxing week of watching wildlife and eating (emphasis on eating, too!! :D )

    I've set up a photoshop page for pictures. It's my first try to access the pictures this way...hopefully it'll work! If not, I'll post them individually!

    http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Campground/
    Hello Amandasgramma, OMG!!!! WOW!!! These pictures should be in a magazine!!! Are you a professional photographer?? If Not you should be!! They are beautiful pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :shock: :shock: :-o :-D :P :lol: :wink: :roll: :XD: :thumbup:
    WOW! THANKS! no - not a professional...just love to take pics....and a good camera! LOVE the new digitals!!!! :-D :-D

  12. #12
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    28,367
    Beautiful pictures.

  13. #13
    Super Member Chele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belle Isle, Florida
    Posts
    6,737
    Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I must get to Oregon one day. If just to escape the Florida heat!

  14. #14
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    Nice! Is that lake a non-motorized boats only lake? I have my boat at Detroit this year and it's been a lot of fun but maybe next year I will explore other lakes.

  15. #15
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    Nice! Is that lake a non-motorized boats only lake? I have my boat at Detroit this year and it's been a lot of fun but maybe next year I will explore other lakes.
    It can have motorized boats on it. In fact, we watched a LOT of boaters....mostly fishing. one die-hard was skiing..but stayed away from those fishing. Do you fish??? Big bass were being caught...also german browns and some catfish.

  16. #16
    Super Member kristen0112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    2,442
    I don't fish - I don't even eat tuna fish yuck LOL. I have a sped boat and kids who like to be towed on donuts. My 4 yr old loves Detroit it has salamanders and my 16 yr old fishes them out for him. It's cute. Last week we saw a bald eagle fly over us. It's so nice up there. I am glad I live in Oregon we truly have it all -beach, mountains, desert, & LAKES.

  17. #17
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by kristen0112
    I don't fish - I don't even eat tuna fish yuck LOL. I have a sped boat and kids who like to be towed on donuts. My 4 yr old loves Detroit it has salamanders and my 16 yr old fishes them out for him. It's cute. Last week we saw a bald eagle fly over us. It's so nice up there. I am glad I live in Oregon we truly have it all -beach, mountains, desert, & LAKES.
    Yes. we've traveled and I believe Oregon is the best!!! :mrgreen:

  18. #18
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,890
    Welcome back. Bet you had a grand time.

  19. #19
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,046
    Welcome back! You take such nice pictures!

  20. #20
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,554
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Hi all -- missed you all! I just spent 8 days at a local lake with my husband and a couple I've known for 100 yrs. Diane and I met in 2nd grade --- 53 yrs. ago! We had a ball. We watched the eagles, osprey and white pelicans "fishing" -- what an experience!!! The chipmunks were having a ball trying to get us to put out the peanuts. We also saw river otters and beavers! It was a relaxing week of watching wildlife and eating (emphasis on eating, too!! :D )

    I've set up a photoshop page for pictures. It's my first try to access the pictures this way...hopefully it'll work! If not, I'll post them individually!

    http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Campground/
    Hello Amandasgramma, OMG!!!! WOW!!! These pictures should be in a magazine!!! Are you a professional photographer?? If Not you should be!! They are beautiful pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :shock: :shock: :-o :-D :P :lol: :wink: :roll: :XD: :thumbup:
    WOW! THANKS! no - not a professional...just love to take pics....and a good camera! LOVE the new digitals!!!! :-D :-D
    Which camera?, if I may ask. I am looking for a new one.

  21. #21
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Hi all -- missed you all! I just spent 8 days at a local lake with my husband and a couple I've known for 100 yrs. Diane and I met in 2nd grade --- 53 yrs. ago! We had a ball. We watched the eagles, osprey and white pelicans "fishing" -- what an experience!!! The chipmunks were having a ball trying to get us to put out the peanuts. We also saw river otters and beavers! It was a relaxing week of watching wildlife and eating (emphasis on eating, too!! :D )

    I've set up a photoshop page for pictures. It's my first try to access the pictures this way...hopefully it'll work! If not, I'll post them individually!

    http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Campground/
    Hello Amandasgramma, OMG!!!! WOW!!! These pictures should be in a magazine!!! Are you a professional photographer?? If Not you should be!! They are beautiful pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! :shock: :shock: :-o :-D :P :lol: :wink: :roll: :XD: :thumbup:
    WOW! THANKS! no - not a professional...just love to take pics....and a good camera! LOVE the new digitals!!!! :-D :-D
    Which camera?, if I may ask. I am looking for a new one.
    I have a Panasonic Model DMC-FZ20. It has 12 X zoom.

  22. #22
    reach for the stars 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ILL.
    Posts
    3,568
    Looks like a fun relaxing time had by all.

  23. #23
    Super Member LovingIzabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,063
    Beautiful pictures-I love love the one of Mt Bachelor-thank you for sharing!
    Hugs
    April

  24. #24
    Super Member GrammaNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,935
    Welcome back. So many people have been on vacation lately that I have missed. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. Now I expect a post from you every day. :)

  25. #25
    Super Member Lisanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,263
    Posting the pics on PhotoBucket worked very well. That chipmunk is hilarious! Could you tell what it was eating?

    Glad you and your friend from childhood had a good time!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.