Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart again

Hi:
    I posted a message the other day about my experience with WalMmart service. Which was the fabric dept and the electronics. When I came home I sent WM an e-mail letting off steam. Well today the phone rang and it was
    the assistant mgr plus she is also the mgr in fabric called.
    I did not hesitate one bit to let her know exactly what happened. She said after the remodel in 2011 the stationary dept will be next to the fabric. I said what do those two have in common except now the person working them will have both depts located beside each other. She said she had a meeting in electronics and will be having one in fabric today. I also told her I find most of the employees rude and not very friendly. I said I don't think it would hurt to at least smile and be a little friendly.

I told her I am not the only one that feels this way I told her about this board and some of the ladies there say the
    same thing.

We will see if it ever does any good.
    :?:

Blog Entries
    The brilliant light of publicity is sometimes the ONLY way
    to get changes. Plus, beat the feet to a competing store and
    take your money with you.

I'm surprised they are keeping the fabric department after remodel, they usually drop it as it isn't a $$ maker for them :-(

A lot of the Walmarts are keeping the fabric part. The one out by my daugthers in Wylie has a great fabric section and craft section. The one We visit when we go to Hot Springs AR also has decided to keep the fabric. So maybe some of our complaints were heard.

it's a lot more effective to complain to the management than to the QB. Of course, we are much more sympathetic, usually.

Blog Entries
    All 3 WMs in my area did away with fabrics a year ago or so. We sent letters, emails, & called, but it didn't help here.
    We have a Joanna's but it is a pain to fight the traffic most of the time to go. There is a small fabric store a few miles down the road, but not much of a selection.
    Glad I have a stash from over the years of sewing & some that was given to me.

My local Wal-Mart has lots of fabric and seem they keep adding more.

Blog Entries
    I have noticed WM is now carrying packaged fabric: FQ, one yard pieces, etc. I see Michael's has them also. Is this the trend to come? Hobby Lobby has a good selection............it's my favorite store

Blog Entries
    the personal in my walmart are alway nice people,they know mein the fabric dept ,but thats good the you went to there mar may they,ll keep an eye on her more often

Blog Entries
    My Super WalMart had some and is adding more. Most of it seems to be an okay quality.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast