Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Walmart

Blog Entries
    I price compare for everything, even keep a price book. Walmart has the lowest prices for basics and if there is a sale elsewhere they will price match. I buy all basic items at Walmart and save enough to pay for my favorite line of clothes. I don't care if my panties cost $3 as long as it's under my favorite Westbound jeans.
    Got fabric?

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Actually, you need 32 pr of underwear so that you can wash underwear once a month.
    Hey i resemble that remark !!!!

I hate to do laundry.. Yuck.. Id rather be quilting anyway.. lol

I would have chucked about the once a month, but our daughter's well goes dry around Labor day and is usally free flowing again by Christmas. They haul water during that time! I think they should heed your advice!
    Phyllis Driggs

I don't mind doing laundry... it's the putting it away that I hate. What's wrong with piling it on the dresser, anyway??
    ~Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoupEsprit
    Imagination Sparks, Creativity Ignites...

Blog Entries
    i've started shopping at walmart. the older i get, the more i think i need to watch my pennies. BUT went to my old grocery store today, because i like their meat. was shopping for a turkey. paid over a dollar more for the coffee i usually get at walmart. okay. one time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
    i've started shopping at walmart. the older i get, the more i think i need to watch my pennies. BUT went to my old grocery store today, because i like their meat. was shopping for a turkey. paid over a dollar more for the coffee i usually get at walmart. okay. one time.
    It would cost you more than a dollar to drive to Walmart for the coffee.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I price compare for everything, even keep a price book. Walmart has the lowest prices for basics and if there is a sale elsewhere they will price match. I buy all basic items at Walmart and save enough to pay for my favorite line of clothes. I don't care if my panties cost $3 as long as it's under my favorite Westbound jeans.
    Bellaboo, tell us about the "Westbound" jeans. Have not seen them before. My favs were Lee's and BandalinoBlu's but this past summer, no matter what style I tried on, nothing was cut right!! I'm actually wearing 2 worn pairs from 2 years ago!! That's sad!!

I cannot handle Walmart even when it's not crowded. If it's crowded at all, forget it!! But I do LOVE my Dollar General...now if I can just get them to start carrying more products. BTW, I did get my underwaar (Hanes) last 2 times and of course, a girl has to have different styles to wear under different things right!! HeHe TMI, again!

There are reasons WalMart can sell things so cheaply, and we all know, at least, some of the reasons. Don't misunderstand, I shop there, too.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Poor Fabric Dept

Quote Originally Posted by Kath12 View Post
    Our WalMart is finally going to put the fabric dept back in! They are taking pictures and measurements and it should be done during the re model scheduled in February! I can't wait because I'm tired of having to travel 50 miles for a zipper, fusibles, and thread at a reasonable price.
    We had a fantastic fabric department and the buyer must have been a quilter or at least knew what we liked. The department was clean and very organized. Then a new store manager came on board and over night destroyed the department. What was once a beautiful and large department became very small and unorganized. I just hate to go into that department now. It makes me sick to my stomach. We used to have lots of ladies come from other towns around to buy fabric but not any more. Now we have to travel 70 miles to buy fabric. Very sad.

A few years ago our WM underwent a remodel and were in danger of losing the fabric dept. Fortunately they kept it, but downsized at the time. Lately when I've gone into the store, I've noticed more and more fabric being added, and also some precuts. I really like some of their higher end fabrics...has a nice feel to it...and was complimented by the long-armer who did the quilting on a t-shirt quilt for me...She was impressed by the quality of it.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2