Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: We have been invaded!!!!!!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I went outside this morning and the grass looked like it was alive. So I took a closer look and there are little catapillars everywhere, 1000's and 1000's of them. It is kind of freaky. I have seen lots of them before but never on this scale.
    I hope you can see them in the pic's, my camera doesnt like to take close ups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachment-101853.jpe   attachment-101854.jpe  

Blog Entries
    Recently I saw a big web nest in a tree with a ton of caterpillars in it. I wondered what they were also.

What can you do about them??? and will they eat your plants or do they turn into moths?

Mine are not that big up here in southeastern PA, but I have had a terrible time with little green caterpiller looking bug eating my flowers. They seem immune to any insecticide I spray on the flowers. The really love petunia flowwers. I even woke up with one of the critters on my shirt last week. I guess he fell in my hair or was on clothing when I came in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    Mine are not that big up here in southeastern PA, but I have had a terrible time with little green caterpiller looking bug eating my flowers. They seem immune to any insecticide I spray on the flowers. The really love petunia flowwers. I even woke up with one of the critters on my shirt last week. I guess he fell in my hair or was on clothing when I came in.
    We have these in Idaho also.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if it has to do with the heat wave we had?

Ewwww creepy!! Would hate to step on one.

Our backyard has been invaded by grasshoppers, but at least they jump away when I get near.

We have been extremely dry & I am one of the very few on my street that is watering so I think every rabbit, squirrel, deer & bug comes to my property for moisture.

Blog Entries
    I don't know. I have been wondering why the crickets are so much louder than usual. I was talking to someone on the phone and they wanted to know what the noise was. It was just the crickets. You can hear them in the house at night.

Blog Entries
    Crickets I have tons of and can handle ... the caterpillars eeewwww no thanks :shock:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast