Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We named our new fur baby...meet Chester >

We named our new fur baby...meet Chester

We named our new fur baby...meet Chester

Old 07-28-2013, 01:13 PM

Default We named our new fur baby...meet Chester

Thank you for all the cute suggestions and stories about your babies. Last night the name Chester came to me and got a 2nd vote from hubby. I couldn't get him to hold still for a good picture.[ATTACH=CONFIG]426648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]426649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]426651[/ATTACH]
The second pic is Sam getting between Chester and Patches, who follows him around and hisses at him.
When I first brought him home he acted indifferent and ignored us, making himself right at home. Later in the evening he decided to get on the couch and play with hubby. When I came in and sat in my chair he jumped over and started rubbing and purring like crazy and finally slept on my lap. Looks like I got my lover that I wanted.
Our SPCA in Cincinnati is wonderful. They spay and neuter and microchip every dog and cat that comes in to their facility, give them their first shots and a through check over. It was only $10 to adopt Chester and dogs are $20. You can't beat that. When I got to the mobile unit to check out the kittens, he was the only one left and all but 2 of the dogs had gotten adopted. I think that was great. I think God saved Chester for me.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0393.jpg   100_0394.jpg   100_0397.jpg  

Last edited by bea2; 07-28-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:54 PM

Great name. What a cutie. I have one just like him named Tbear.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:05 PM

We had a cat named Chester who lived for about 13 years. Best mouser ever, and we needed his skills in this old house! Of course he was named for our town. Hope your little one lives a long, happy life too!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

my mom had a yellow tabby named Chester. great kitty. love his pics. good luck with him. it's getting to be a popular name.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:21 PM

Smile

He is gorgeous, and and your are an angel for rescuing an animal from the human society. The human society is smart is adopting out the kitties for only $10, finding them good homes, vs. the ugly option. We love, love, love rescue operations such as your humane society with which you have elected to affiliate. My husband and I work very diligently with rescues, and it seems that those with the least, do the most--identifying pets that are adoptable, finding a way to save them from their most likely future at the pound. Unfortunately some states allow indiscriminate pet breeding. My state, Tennessee; as well as PA, MO, IA, and WI come to mind. We work with other wonderful folks to transport animals from these areas---really mostly TN ;to relocate them to states which have better breeding laws, and need/appreciate pets (I speak of dogs). With so many domestic animals having to be euthanized every day, it is just plain sad that puppy mills exist. I applaud the policies of the northeastern states, as they seem to have placed a value on pets; and have controlled the pet population in their areas.

When I see a sign that says: "Free Kittens," I immediately translate it to read, "I'm too @#!~@$ stupid to spay my cat, and society (Not me) will take care of this problem for me.

...But back on track and onto your wonderful new addition.... Chester is soooo beautiful. He will be loved...as will you; in a feline sort of way.

...Congratulations! Remember to celebrate this date/anniversary! Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:53 PM

Awe! Chester is too cute! I always made my cats let me hold them like a newborn baby, they don't always like it at first, but if you just talk to them, and start gently rubbing their tummies.....they calm right down, and love it! Love that name, he looks like a Chester!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM

Awww!!!! cute!!! I have been blessed to get two purebred dogs for free,because the owners couldnt care for them and wanted a good loving home. I have a Chihuahua and the new Yorkie. They are my babies now that all the kids are grown and don't see the grands as often as I'd like.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:57 AM

What a cutie! Love the gold eyes! My husband is ready to have you FedEX him to us! Enjoy many happy years with your new furbaby. :-)
Old 07-29-2013, 04:10 AM

He's a handsome little guy, love his name. Enjoy him. Barb
Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 AM

Congratulations to Mr. Chester, not only did he get a super name, he found a wonderful loving mom and dad.