Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Wen Shampoo and Class Action Lawsuit >

Wen Shampoo and Class Action Lawsuit

Wen Shampoo and Class Action Lawsuit

Old 12-21-2015, 05:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I was a hairdresser for over 35+ years. I washed my hair everyday. Everyday since I've been alive I have had very fine and not at all thick hair. I continue to wash my hair everyday. Often with Dawn. When the hair is dirty or just feels like yuck, wash it. I have 3-4 different shampoos in my bathroom. I used to color my hair and did a lot to it. This class action suit in my opinion is pure bogus. Some one is trying to get a lot of money. If you are losing your hair and are having an allergic reaction that started shortly after then "quit using it. Simple as that. These bald spots are systemic. Most thinning of the hair is either systemic, related to stress, auto immune or like my cousin, they were consistently bleaching and tolerating that burning that often comes with the process and scabbing to where it has damaged the root follicle. Now if these clients are consuming internally then yes that has a strong possibility of messing up your system. I worked in a "brand" salons and now I don't. If you have an allergy to any citrus product be careful. Wen has a heavy oil extract base and weighs the hair down. That is what body oil and grease will do when there is a build up. I used products other than the salon and I have to watch the citrus, mainly lemon and orange extracts. Makes me itch. Also fragrance and dyes that are in many of the shampoos. But most baldness is due to systemic, stress and allergens. I should not forget many medicines and treatments such as chemo will affect as we have seen in many cancer patients. If one is allergic to a certain oil extract base that may cause baldness but not everyone. Many people behind this are other brands trying to sabotage one company. I have shampooed a lot of heads in those 35+ years. I do know a little about it!
Dawn????????? Seriously?
Old 12-21-2015, 05:44 AM

I thought about trying Wen shampoo, but then I saw the price. Glad I didn't order any. I have very fine thin hair and can't afford to lose any more of it. I don't know if the claims are true or not.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:23 AM

Dawn? I've used it on my dog and thought it worked wonders – kills fleas, smells nice, leaves her soft and fluffy. I've used it on laundry to get stains out. Never thought to use it on my hair; I think I'll give that a try!
Old 12-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

Dawn will strip your hair of natural oils. It is great to use if you ever stick you head in a bucket of oil. The hair care industry and teaching has changed in leaps an bounds the last five years. My friend use to be a hairdresser at a high end salon, her niece is now in beautician school and is learning more then my friend ever knew about hair health. She said shampoo with keratin is recommended for daily use for older hair.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:46 AM

I have long hair halfway down my back and I can get away with washing it every 2 weeks if I don't add too much hairspray to the bang area. My hair is not oily and I keep it mostly in a bun on top of my head as it keeps the hair from hanging in my face when I'm sewing or gardening. Of course in the summer I wash it more often as I sweat from the head downward. I guess you can call me lucky not to have to wash it as often. I also use a product called Infusion23 leave-in conditioner to help keep the tangles at bay. I have baby fine hair.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

I can't see how it would plug the hair follicle but it does make you weary.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:10 PM

I am partial to Aveda and Biolage HydroSource products. I find the Biolage in the salon at Walmart.
And my hair is past my shoulders, 60 is my next bday, and I have stopped all processing(covering gray, and highlights).
Old 12-22-2015, 04:15 PM

Been using this product for 2 years. Don't wash my hair everyday as I did when I was younger just when it needs to be done. I am so tired of all the lawsuits out there. If you used it a few times and it doesn't suit you, QUIT using the product. Every person has different experiences with every product or pill. I worked as a nail tech for 17years and sold and used many hair and nail products to my customers. If it didn't work or they didn't like the product they just quit using the product and returned it to the salon. So many health issues can cause hair loss and I bet if these woman were honest we would find many with health issues that have attributed to the hair loss. Again its a toss up, it is up to the individual and as a general rule, What works for one doesn't always work for another. Case Closed.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I was a hairdresser for over 35+ years. I washed my hair everyday. Everyday since I've been alive I have had very fine and not at all thick hair. I continue to wash my hair everyday. Often with Dawn. When the hair is dirty or just feels like yuck, wash it. I have 3-4 different shampoos in my bathroom. I used to color my hair and did a lot to it. This class action suit in my opinion is pure bogus. Some one is trying to get a lot of money. If you are losing your hair and are having an allergic reaction that started shortly after then "quit using it. Simple as that. These bald spots are systemic. Most thinning of the hair is either systemic, related to stress, auto immune or like my cousin, they were consistently bleaching and tolerating that burning that often comes with the process and scabbing to where it has damaged the root follicle. Now if these clients are consuming internally then yes that has a strong possibility of messing up your system. I worked in a "brand" salons and now I don't. If you have an allergy to any citrus product be careful. Wen has a heavy oil extract base and weighs the hair down. That is what body oil and grease will do when there is a build up. I used products other than the salon and I have to watch the citrus, mainly lemon and orange extracts. Makes me itch. Also fragrance and dyes that are in many of the shampoos. But most baldness is due to systemic, stress and allergens. I should not forget many medicines and treatments such as chemo will affect as we have seen in many cancer patients. If one is allergic to a certain oil extract base that may cause baldness but not everyone. Many people behind this are other brands trying to sabotage one company. I have shampooed a lot of heads in those 35+ years. I do know a little about it!
Sometimes when I wash my hair after rinsing it it still fells dirty. I don't get that squeaky clean sound. My sister who is a hairdresser said to use dish soap once in awhile to get all the build up out. It does work great. I also find if I alternate shampoos frequently my hair is more manageable. I do try different shampoos and find the cheaper brands work as well as the more expensive ones.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:42 PM

I never liked it....made my flatter, oily looking and I have soft fine hairs. But my sis loves hers as she has thick long hair but it got to costing too much to keep.