Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone here hooked on WEN?

Blog Entries

anyone here hooked on WEN?

bought it for the first time a month ago.
    I tried to wash my hair with regular shampoo and conditioner.
    I couldn't get the comb thru. had to re wash with WEN. so smooth
    and silky. Now I have to pay big bucks for it. anyone else use it?
    I'm wondering if I can find a non foaming shampoo that works like
    WEN without the pricey price tag. Anyone else. Love this stuff.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Power Poster
    My niece uses it and it is pricey but makes her fine hair much nicer.

I use DevaCurl, even tho its for curly hair it can be used on regular hair also. It can be ordered online from their site.
    Pat in MN

Look for shampoo that does not have laurel sulfates. Walmart has a lot to choose from.
    http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/sulfate-free-shampoo
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I don't know, I've read some people don't like those products at all. Makes you wonder.

I've never tried WEN because of chemical sensitivities I have to use unscented or essential oil scented products. I have used several from different company with success. Any conditioner that does not contain silicones will work. Suave is usually recommended with the bonus that it is economical. You can find more information if you google co washing.
    Singer 66 treadle, Singer 15-91, JC Penney 6923, Kenmore 50, White 2334, Brother 920D serger. RIP Singer 1036

I have never tried it, I just always wondered why someone would name a hair care product after a skin disease.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=10...ed=0CCIQ1QIoAQ

Blog Entries
    you don't use a conditioner with it, but your hair is silky soft and not tangled with it.
    i'm trying to find a non foaming shampoo, has anyone used a non foaming that works as well?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I don't understand.....why a non foaming shampoo? How often do you wash your hair...or maybe, if you color your hair it is over processed, maybe it is dry from lack of natural oils....just thinking out loud here......have you tried an oil treatment - about an hour before shampooing rub in some coconut oil......my old profession of hair dresser is peaking out here.....I always message my scalp vigorously before shampooing...just to stimulate blood flow and natural oils....but I don't shampoo my hair daily.....every third day...other days I cover with one of those old fashioned shower caps before bathing....don't know what WEN is...will have to check it out.....

My niece's hair is beautiful....very thick, long, & curly. She never uses shampoo....she washes her hair with conditioner. She said that works exactly like Wen. Another niece (her sister, actually) is a hair dresser & she advised her to use conditioner as a shampoo....said that's all Wen is!

Laurel sulfates are what makes the later in shampoo.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Shampoos without laurel sulfates don't lather as much but, there is lather. I never buy any with laurel sulfates & they always lather...though not as much.

Blog Entries
    I've done the conditioner thing too, just not as nice as WEN. love the smell too. with shampoo and conditioner or conditioner alone, I have to comb it thru and it's still tangle. with WEN I don't have to comb it thru and when I go to stly it, it's never tangled. great stuff but pricy. I want WEN for Christmas now, and birthday and anniversary....

I use it too. Try ebay, it's less expensive that way. In fact I need to order more LOL.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

I use Mastey Sulfate Free shampoo. It does not later or foam. Feels like conditioner but my hair feels clean. I buy it in the 32 oz bottle. It comes in gallon size too. I buy enough on sale to last me several years.

I used WEN for a while and even though my hair was silkier, the price of auto shipments was simply too expensive.

Check QVC.com. They have him on the show quite often and there are always specials below retail prices.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I think wen has lawsuits against them for hair loss from their products. Not sure if its from the greedy trying to get money for nothing or if the ingredients really cause hair loss.

Between the pool and hot weather, its almost impossible not to wash my super curly hair frequently during the summer. I use moroccan smoothing lotion on my hair after shampooing lightly (watered downish) with regular shampoos and conditioning with acia deep conditioning mask. Yes, I use a mask for my conditioner...only need one pump and barely rinse it out of my hair...I comb it through in the shower with a wide toothed comb) I use the moroccan lotion after towel drying...two pumps since my hair is fairly long. The moroccan smoothing lotion has been a miracle for me...smooth, shiny and bouncy hair. Yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Look for shampoo that does not have laurel sulfates. Walmart has a lot to choose from.
    http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/sulfate-free-shampoo
    I am so glad to find this out! This past winter, my scalp was flaking, had never had that before, and my DIL told me to use sulfate-free shampoo! Didn't know which ones they were! It quit doing it since spring/summer is here, but I'm glad to know which ones to buy. Have never tried the WEN, I'm too cheap, but it did interest me because my hair is thick, but very fine, tangles TERRIBLY, hate washing it! I use conditioner, and use the spray on detangler, and still have a hard time, bout to go cut it short again, like it long, but just get so frustrated dealing with it!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    you don't use a conditioner with it, but your hair is silky soft and not tangled with it.
    i'm trying to find a non foaming shampoo, has anyone used a non foaming that works as well?
    When is "not" a shampoo. It is a conditioner. I got hooked last Dec. and bought the 8 bottle deal with free shipping and payments spread out over a couple months - from QVC. I think I have enough to get me to this Dec. when QC has the special deal again. I like not having to shampoo and then use conditioner. The just one step saves on time ad water.

Blog Entries
    I've tried almost every conditioner. I'd have to comb it thru and still have a lot of breakage. Finesse was the only one that worked for me and had to use tons of it. with WEN, I don't even have to comb it thru, no hair loss or just normal minimum loss. I only use about 6 pumps, even though they want you to use 12-14 pumps. that's way too much. just love the stuff.

to those of you who use the ls free, what brands do you use?

I have been using WEN for about 6 months and I am hooked. It leaves my hair shiny, soft, and not frizzy. And I feel like it stays clean longer. I love this product.
    Nancy Maria

I also am a WEN girl. I've been using it for about 3 years now. Love that I don't need conditioner and I think my hair feels thicker. But - it is pricey. I am going to try Ebay as suggested above.

I have a friend who can't use- I think it's the pomegranate. It caused large red spots on her scalp. The hairdresser thought it might be too acidic for her hair. She does use other kinds,of WEN without any problems, though.

Blog Entries
    I feel it's cleaner for a longer time also. Glad i'm not the only one hooked on it.
    thanks for the heads up on the pomegranate, I like the minty smell of it too.

Blog Entries
    My hairdresser told me years and years ago (I was a teenager and now am 76) that I could use dish detergent - takes the excess oil out of your hair and now as my hair has gotten a bit drier, I use Argan Oil of Morocco penetrating oil. Love the way it feels, perfect for my old head.

He also told me that if you have oily hair, dish detergent is the best. It has been for all these years and now I look at the products and it just baffles me how many different kinds of shampoo there are - probably all dish detergent. And I buy the inexpensive dish soap besides. I love the Argan oil too (got that at the grocery store) and I have been using it for close to a year now and have only used about 1/4 of the bottle - just a few drops is all you need. I can't afford all that stuff. Mom found the Argan oil and took it to the assisted living home when she went - her clothes and her Argan oil!!!!!!!! Good enough for the Mom, it is good enough for me. She died two years ago. I don't think she needs it now. Her hair felt like silk. Miss ya, Mom. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast