anyone here hooked on WEN?

Old 07-05-2015, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

I've tried almost every conditioner. I'd have to comb it thru and still have a lot of breakage. Finesse was the only one that worked for me and had to use tons of it. with WEN, I don't even have to comb it thru, no hair loss or just normal minimum loss. I only use about 6 pumps, even though they want you to use 12-14 pumps. that's way too much. just love the stuff.

to those of you who use the ls free, what brands do you use?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:28 AM

I have been using WEN for about 6 months and I am hooked. It leaves my hair shiny, soft, and not frizzy. And I feel like it stays clean longer. I love this product.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:11 AM

I also am a WEN girl. I've been using it for about 3 years now. Love that I don't need conditioner and I think my hair feels thicker. But - it is pricey. I am going to try Ebay as suggested above.

I have a friend who can't use- I think it's the pomegranate. It caused large red spots on her scalp. The hairdresser thought it might be too acidic for her hair. She does use other kinds,of WEN without any problems, though.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

I feel it's cleaner for a longer time also. Glad i'm not the only one hooked on it.
thanks for the heads up on the pomegranate, I like the minty smell of it too.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:16 AM

My hairdresser told me years and years ago (I was a teenager and now am 76) that I could use dish detergent - takes the excess oil out of your hair and now as my hair has gotten a bit drier, I use Argan Oil of Morocco penetrating oil. Love the way it feels, perfect for my old head.

He also told me that if you have oily hair, dish detergent is the best. It has been for all these years and now I look at the products and it just baffles me how many different kinds of shampoo there are - probably all dish detergent. And I buy the inexpensive dish soap besides. I love the Argan oil too (got that at the grocery store) and I have been using it for close to a year now and have only used about 1/4 of the bottle - just a few drops is all you need. I can't afford all that stuff. Mom found the Argan oil and took it to the assisted living home when she went - her clothes and her Argan oil!!!!!!!! Good enough for the Mom, it is good enough for me. She died two years ago. I don't think she needs it now. Her hair felt like silk. Miss ya, Mom. Edie
Old 07-05-2015, 12:19 PM

I have tried Wen and didn't care for it. Left my hair feeling greasy. My hair is processed and on the drier side and it still felt greasy. Never mind the price tag on it. I've never heard of just using conditioner. My hair is short so I wash it every day to style it.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:43 PM

I have used WEN for several years. My hair is very short and so I use much less than suggested. I even dilute it and use it as a hair spray between shampoos. It really holds my curls and isn't sticky. I will occasionally shampoo with a "normal" shampoo and just rinse and then apply a small amount of WEN.
Old 07-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

mojo, I thought it was greasy at first, then realized that it was just so soft. now a few weeks after starting to useit, it feels silky soft. I use about 1/4 of what it says to use. then again, I never shampooed rinsed and did it again. once was enough for me.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Power Poster

Did y'all check Amazon? They have a lot of WEN products, but I don't know if they are any cheaper than other places. I have a problem with thinning hair because of a drug I am taking. Not thin hair, but thinning. My part is bigger. I just started Nioxin System 4, plus I use a hairmax comb. Not any worse. Can't tell if it is better. Anyone find WEN helps grow hair back?
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

I have very thinning heair. isn't growing it back, but less falls out and less breakage with it, noticeably less breakage.
I have whitish/blond hair that is very thing now, and it seems to help with it.