Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Under the dome?

Under the dome?

....on tv...anyone here watching it? Iwatched last year and "tried" to watch this new season....BUT it became so confusing.......I had to turn it off half way thru....and will not watch again........I should have known...it's Stephen King...the King of Huh???????

Watched the opening episode of Lost Ship.....hope that doesnt turn funky too!!!!!!!!

Did anyone watch the new ZOO....that looks interesting...a bit bloody, but interesting....kind of different for Pattersen (author of book).......

What to watch in the summer.......Major Crimes and Rizoli and Isles (wish Rizoli would decide if she wants a ponytail or full mane of hair! Every other scene is different!!!!!). ....and that's about it.......what do you watch?

I watched Under the Dome, it was very confusing, but I stuck it out to the end of the episode. I will give it a few episodes to see, but I wasn't impressed w/ season 2 so far.

I watched the new episode of Extant, that looks very promising.

Also The Zoo had a good start.

I don't know about Lost Ship, but have been watching The last Ship (or something like that) and it has been pretty good, but very violent.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

I started to watch it and it got to weird, so i recorded it.
    I came back a few days later and watched the rest of it. It made
    more sense then...but i'm still not to happy with all the crazy changes so suddenly.
    I watched the preview of humans, did anyone else see it? What did you think of it?

Oops! My mistake- s/b Last Ship, not Lost........

The last ship is pretty violent, but so far the story lines have been good, great character development so you actually care what happens to them. Even though violent, it hasn't had "gratuatis" (sp) violence it has made sense for the story line.

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Blog Entries
    we watched DOME too, love it b4 this season. we missed the last episode and figured it was the missing piece. we were so confused, but it is a Stephen King, and he's got a few screws missing anyway, so we decided not to watch it this season. big disappointment.

We watched ZOO. I read the book last summer, I think it was. the book was good, will wait and see. THe end bugged me out with all the cats up the tree. I have a Russian Blue 5 yr old kitty that's precious to me, but got the creeps and wondered if they were going to attack.(the cats in the tree). Will wait and see.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I started to watch the first episode of Dome. When the plane crashed into the dome I had to quit watching as I'd recently lost two friends in a plane crash. Didn't go back to it.

I read the book after the first season ended. So this season, it's really hard to watch. I keep thinking, none of this was in the book. But I guess they have to add to make more than one season. Not certain if I will continue to watch it.

Blog Entries
    I read the book and it was good. The guy that loaned me the book said the show did not follow the book and he could not watch it.

Not to be knit picky but this is the third season. It was supposed to be only one season but has been renewed for the second and third season. I watched the first season and was very disappointed when it didn't end after the first year. I tried watching the second season. The storyline pace was too slow to keep me in interested. I didn't realize that the third season had already started so I haven't watched any episodes yet. Don't know if I will. I just want to know how it ends.
    Singer 66 treadle, Singer 15-91, JC Penney 6923, Kenmore 50, White 2334, Brother 920D serger. RIP Singer 1036

We watched Under the Dome last season, then it started getting weird so we decided we would not watch it this season. We turned it on anyway, but when it got even more weird, we stopped watching it. Last season we started watching Extant - same thing! After a few shows, it got weird too so we aren't watching this season. I think the TV stations thing we 'like' this stuff, but IMHO, most people watch it because there's nothing else on TO watch, so the ratings are high so they bring it back for another season. We don't like SCI-FI.

My only TV fun is National Geo. I enjoy "The Last Alaskans" and the other shows on that channel.

I watched the first season, but it was too strange.
    I watched the first episode of Zoo and will try it again. I am reading the book and like it. Have a great 4th.

I love sci-fi, but usually they don't last on the regular networks (abc, nbc, cbs). Watched the second episode this season (not sure when it actually comes on almost all my viewing is through roku so on my schedule) it made more sense, explained some of the confusing stuff from the first episode that threw me for a loop. In my world there are 2 tv seasons, New Doctor Who shows season, and rerun watching season for DW on roku. lol lol lol
    Under the Dome seems to be making you rethink who is good and bad this season, like Wicked did for Wizard of Oz

Blog Entries

Red face

*** I like Stephen King but Under the Dome is really confusing.
    *** I have watched all 3 so far. May drop it.
    *** Zoo is definitely different. I read the book and it is pretty true to it.
    *** I will try to catch up after my vacation.
    *** Stick it out it has a really interesting ending (if like the book).
    *** Saw James Patterson on TV last week and he was really pleased with the movie.
    *** Never heard of Last Ship.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

I read the book, soon after it was published. Unfortunately, it seems the longer the book is, the more changes a screenplay will have. Game of Thrones (series) is another literary work, which has been totally changed (for the worse) for the screenplay.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

They are dragging out the story way too long. I didn't tune in this season. How can they keep introducing new characters when they are isolated. Loved the book but I usually do love Stephen King books. I admit a few have not measured up, but UTD was a good book. My favorite movie of his--Misery--but then again, I love anything Kathy Bates does.

I recorded Under the Dome so I can skip the slow parts. I love Rizzoli and Isles but the new episodes are getting too cute trying to be funny, we'll see. I like Murder in the first on TNT, probably in part because it's in San Francisco. I recorded Zoo but I haven't watched it yet

Blog Entries
    I watched the Dome last season but by the time it got to the last couple of shows it was already getting weird. Then I found out it was a Stephen King thing. I don't like his books or movies.But because Marg H -from CSI was in it I tried to watch it I lasted all of 10 minutes. Never watched Extant that lady star on it has always seemed a bit creepy to me. And the few ads I seen on The Zoo was more than enough for me. None of the new shows for summer fare seem to be worth watching/ listening to. There just seems to be to much violence being used for entertainment any more.

Blog Entries
    We have been watching Dome for all the seasons but I asked my DH how, if they are AGAIN under the dome with no atmosphere, how are the tree limbs moving and the actress hair blowing. And how does that woman with the amazing red hair keep that color going if they are unable to access help, food, water, etc? Another thing, when I watched the last episode how is Big Jim's house appearing to be on the ocean? Can an ocean be encased in a dome :-) They have other shots around a lake that appears more of a mud puddle but the shot in front of Jim's house as Jr. was burning it appears to be on an ocean.

We love Stephen King because he is a Maine native and lives most of the time up here in Bangor in a lovely but modest "mansion" for his millions. Very nice man the natives say, down to earth and not at all weird.

I'm waiting for The Strain to come back on. It is pretty scary, but that is what I like about it. I like the acting too.

Quote Originally Posted by mike'sgirl View Post
    I'm waiting for The Strain to come back on. It is pretty scary, but that is what I like about it. I like the acting too.
    Is that the one that takes place in the north pole, and plays weirdly happy music while infected people are killing or being killed?

We really enjoy Homeland on Showtime, and anxiously await its new season. Also, Ray Donovan which is rough around the edges to say the least, and I pray his wife would stop using the F bomb in her whiney, irritating accent. These shows have good acting IMHO, and interesting story lines to see what happens next. I won't watch Masters and Johnson anymore...no story interesting worth watching as they go through their bedroom scenes. We like Deadliest Catch and the mystery shows on Dateline and other channels. Happy watching.
    Hello from Shenandoah Valley, VA. Quilting a few years. Love the process of creating the quilt top, but don't like making the sandwich of top, batting and backing as much. We have two Labrador Retrievers, a yellow and a chocolate. Blessings to all!

Blog Entries
    Love Under the Dome, it hasn't started here yet for this year, the thing is that you have to keep up with each episode or you'll get lost. Zoo is good, I love that Extant is coming back on. Upset that Resurrection and Believe and Moms aren't coming back on. Not sure on anything else yet. Still trying to see what the line up will be.
    Judy

If you want a weird one with way too much time traveling confusion (like 2000 years!), check out Wayward Pines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast