Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix? >

Anyone watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix?

Anyone watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix?

Old 07-03-2015, 05:30 PM
  #1  
Power Poster
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 12,960
Default Anyone watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix?

I love series like this. I watch one episode every night. No guts or gore just plain good mystery.
Onebyone is offline  
Old 07-03-2015, 05:51 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
AngeliaNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 2,987
Default

I liked that show, but I haven't seen it in a while. I always told my husband that with that small a town and that many murders, it was a wonder they still had any population at all!
AngeliaNR is offline  
Old 07-03-2015, 06:56 PM
  #3  
Power Poster
 
nativetexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: home again, after 27 yrs!
Posts: 19,388
Default

Oh I love that show. all British mysteries actually!! so much better than what's on our t.v.'s.
nativetexan is offline  
Old 07-03-2015, 09:54 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ridgefield WA
Posts: 7,699
Default

Me, too! Just watched an episode of "Vera". Luckily Portland, Or has a PBS station and carries them all!
Kitsie is offline  
Old 07-03-2015, 11:11 PM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 8,837
Default

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
I liked that show, but I haven't seen it in a while. I always told my husband that with that small a town and that many murders, it was a wonder they still had any population at all!
I've wondered the same thing myself. And I find the theme music rather interesting.
quiltsRfun is offline  
Old 07-04-2015, 12:06 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Wales
Posts: 445
Default

'Midsomer' is supposed to be a county rather than just the one town - each episode tends to be set in a different town in the area.

Still a very high murder rate though!!
Panchita is offline  
Old 07-04-2015, 02:29 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,257
Default

I'll have to catch Midsomer Murders.

I taped Masterpiece Mystery: Grandchester and have watched two. They seem good. Has anyone watched them?

I have such trouble trying to keep up with what's on PBS because instead of the online TVGuide saying "Grandchester" it says "Masterpiece Mystery." So I have to start watching the show to see which show it is or read the description and hope I recognize the character's names. Anyone else have the same problem as me? So . . . how will I know where to find Midsomer Murders?
CindyA is offline  
Old 07-04-2015, 06:20 AM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ridgefield WA
Posts: 7,699
Default

Perhaps you could google your local PBS station and see if they have an online schedule. Good luck!

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
I'll have to catch Midsomer Murders.

I taped Masterpiece Mystery: Grandchester and have watched two. They seem good. Has anyone watched them?

I have such trouble trying to keep up with what's on PBS because instead of the online TVGuide saying "Grandchester" it says "Masterpiece Mystery." So I have to start watching the show to see which show it is or read the description and hope I recognize the character's names. Anyone else have the same problem as me? So . . . how will I know where to find Midsomer Murders?
Kitsie is offline  
Old 07-04-2015, 09:58 AM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver Island, Beautiful BC
Posts: 2,085
Default

Midsomer Murders is available on Netflix.

I like UK murder mysteries in print and on screen.

Inspector Morse, Endeavor, Inspector Lewis, Inspector Lynley Mysteries.


I would love to see Anne Perry's novels, with the Pitt or Monk series made into a TV series. I appreciate that she weaves social policies into each book many relating to woman's issues, from owning property to the right to make decisions about her own body.

And if anyone hears about Maeve Binchy's beautiful stories being made into a TV series I would love to know. When she died I lost a favorite story teller. (I know her family lost much more).
I also thoroughly enjoy Murdock Mysteries - The Artful Detective in the US.
Tothill is offline  
Old 07-04-2015, 10:03 AM
  #10  
Super Member
 
AngeliaNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 2,987
Default

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
I've wondered the same thing myself. And I find the theme music rather interesting.
It's a theremin if I remember correctly--it often shows up in old horror movie music.
AngeliaNR is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jjtripletmom
Main
4
12-01-2012 08:06 AM
BellaBoo
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
13
06-07-2011 02:52 AM
blzzrdqueen
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
80
02-05-2011 05:07 PM
ginnie6
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
8
07-13-2010 05:30 PM
marsye
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
34
03-26-2010 03:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.