Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What animals do you have inside or outside  (also wild animals) at your house? >

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by marknfran
WOW! Where do I begin.
No animals inside.
One outside feral male neutered cat.
Daily we are visited by a morning flock of magpies, while the white tail deer are roaming around. The woodpeckers (him and her) tend to check out the trees and ground; the grey squirrel keeps chasing them away. The woodchucks have gone underground with the groundhogs for the winter. Every other day we get a bunch of quail forging for food. Last year we had a series of four eagles picking at a dead white tail deer for about a week. Racoons and skunks have parted for the winter, but will certainly be back this spring. Oh yes, the cat brought us some gophers lately but hasn't been able to catch that little rabbit we saw a few weeks ago. I think he is eating the mice because he hasn't wanted much food lately. During the spring and summer the turkeys and peacocks show up on occasion. Wildlife....never ending supply. Love it all!!!
OOPS, forgot those coyotes!!! And husband said to be sure tell you that Prancer, the feral cat, does come indoors when it gets to be below 15 degrees. He knows when it is too cold to be outside and we have a bed for him in here.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:11 PM

If you have access to the attic to block them out, throw moth balls all over the attic and they will leave. we had flying squirrels and it didn't take long. The down side is you get some of the smell in your house. We just nailed some wire over the apex openings and have had no more problems with them. Unfortunately the stink bugs took their place this winter but I can live with them.
Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
Originally Posted by craftybear

I was looking out the front living room window today and noticed a squirrel running across the yard in the snow was so cool to see.

Also we have seen coyotes tracks in the snow and can hear them howling at night in the woods behind our house.

I have seen squirrels, rabbits, stray cats and dogs around our yard.

Inside: we have a shih tzu male dog and he is spoiled rotten

Thanks again for sharing and this will be fun to see what types of animals are around our yards

I have 4 cats and a dog, and a family of squirrels living in my attic!
Can't afford to have them taken care of ($2000 to remove them, decontaminate the attic and seal off the entry points), and don't have the heart to kill them ourselves, so we let them be for the time being...
Old 01-13-2011, 05:19 PM

I see plenty of deer...........maybe too many. No maybe about it. They can decimate a garden faster than You can plant one.I find bear and raccoon skat in the yard and saw a fox a couple of years ago.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by roda
Jinks myself after I said I'ld been good this year about animals got a baby calf in the bathroom.
But not sure I can save him
Oh do I miss the days of having lambs in the bathtub at this time of year, never thought I would say it but I am. Having to get up every two hours to stomach tube them and all.. sigh, but it is alot easier not raising meat sheep anymore.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:21 PM

I love your little kitties. The tabbies look just like my cat!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 PM

In house my spoiled peke, he's 11 yrs old and so sweet. I have 2 senegal parrots. Outside stray cats, deers, possum , raccoons. I feed the cats ad the raccoon come and possum at night to see whats left. Even the birds outside eat the dry cat food.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 PM

been there done that had 300 meat goats for 10 years
Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

I have 4 dogs; 1 maltese 2 yorkies and 1 maltese/shitzu mix. I have a 15 yr old cat and a lively/mean 1 yr old cat. 2 Python snakes and tons of outside squirrels (as opposed to the 1 in my attic) a fox wanders across the field almost daily. We have over 6 inches of snow and the cardnals still chirping in the tree outside the kitchen window. And I live in the city!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Here is a selection:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159747.jpe   attachment-159748.jpe   attachment-159749.jpe  
Old 01-13-2011, 06:14 PM

Inside-Toy wire-haired Jack Russel named Baby Girl
Outside-3 horses named Duke,Ole Girl and Snickers.
Wild-squirrels,coyotes,snakes(had one get in the house 2 years ago,Hubby and son came home from work real quick),rabbits,opposum,cougars,bobcats,badgers,rac coons,chicken hawks,several kinds of small birds.
Oh,and FIL's outside cats are everywhere. :D