Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What animals do you have inside or outside  (also wild animals) at your house? >

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 PM

first off there are NO critters allowed in the house, this is my area not theirs. I have my own long hair to deal with shedding and I at least know where and how to use the bathroom without leaving a mess for the rest of the family to deal with.

we have one hunting dog left, all the rest died of old age.
we see, squirrels, rabbits, foxes, coyote, bears, deer, snakes, mice, cats, other dogs, humming birds (my favorite), woodpeckers, lots og song birds, crows, owls, harks, possums, we even saw a bobcat this pass summer and some wild pigs.

Well I guess you get the picture. If it lives in the woods we have seen it.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:57 PM

We have two fish. WOOO! LOL

But at my boyfriend's farm... three indoor dogs, 9 calves, my 11 Ameracauna chicks, his 7 or 8 Rhode Island Red chickens and roosters. Lots of wild turkeys on the property along with red fox, deer and who knows what else.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 PM

Oh.. He also has a giant rabbit and two mice. He also had a hamster but it died about a month ago. All the small indoor caged critters freak me out so I try to ignore them.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:35 PM

We have squirrles and YES a ground hog.He is in hibernation underneath our storage shed right now.He will come out this spring. He likes bananas.I use to have tochase off neighbors cats as they would try to wait by his hole under the shed waiting for him to show his face. (but they've moved)My mom is 92 and lives with us and she enjoys sitting in our screened-in porch and watching him.He tries to shake the birdfeeder to get the nuts and seeds that it contains

He is a lot of fun to watch.

We also have wild turkey and deer in this area along with thr geese and ducks.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:02 PM

Just had a fox to appear today under the ornamental pear tree, he was eating the small fruit that had fallen off. Have had wild turkeys, deer, squirrels and lots of birds. Love living in the woods at the end of a dirt road!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 PM

We have 6 domestic outside cats. No dogs at present time.
We have deer graze behind the house, beautiful Cardinals, squirrels, oppossums, and raccoons. The possums and coons take turns eating scraps at night that we take out. It's funny to watch them. We have an old upright freezer and I had to store the cat food in and lock it to keep the coons out! We used to keep it in a 55 gal trash can until the coons found it there. So we moved the cat food to the freezer and they got in there, so we started locking it up to keep them out. They tore off all of the rubber seal trying to get in. Oh, almost forgot we also have 2 goats.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:15 PM

Inside I have my furbaby that allowes me to live here. My avatar BarePaws. Outside, I have squirrels, raccoons, (three of the fattest - must have been 30 to 40 lbs apiece in my backyard) coyotes, dogs, skunks (one was living in my garage for awhile)bluejays, crows.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by roda
Jinks myself after I said I'ld been good this year about animals got a baby calf in the bathroom.
But not sure I can save him
Just checking to see how the little one is doing? I am kind of partial to bucket babies.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:24 AM

I already made my list of outside and inside critters I have, but I have neighbors who have geese, goats, horses as well as one who has dogs, goats and much to my surprise emus; may be a cat or two that I haven't seen. Have only been a country gal for the last 4 years, but no way would I go back to the city life. As an aside, I have sat in my backyard and seen the massive glow of the space shuttle, looked like it was coming through the pine trees right at us.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:40 AM

I have foxes, coyote, darned few white-tailed deer and otter. Mostly though, I have Squirrels. My snowy yard is a pretty good size but the squirrels have covered it with tracks. I informed a friend this morning that even though my yard is covered with tracks, that doesn't mean I'm "nuts".