Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

Blog Entries
    outside-squirrels of course, birds ,foxes, racoons, skunks and cyotes too. oh and mice and snakes.
    3 cats inside and one hubby!!

Inside-- 1 Boston terrier spayed 2 AKC boxers (ready to do the deed again) 2 ferrets (fixed) 2 turtles plus 7 other fish tanks ranging in size from 10 gallons to a 125 gallon (room divider) tanks have goldfish to a 20" Pacu!! couple hundred fishes easily. Plus 3 boys ranging from 14 to 22 and hubby. Outside-- cardinals, blue jays, sparrows in front trees turkeys outback and deer all around The doe and fawns come to edge of lawn They know our dogs have the invisible fence and can't get to them it's funny watching them go all the way around the house taunting each other.And lets not forget the occasional skunk!!!

community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    none inside. Outside all kinds of wildlife and one horse :)

12 Italian greyhounds, in various stages from totally feral to cuddlebugs. Ranging in age from 12 to 1 1/2. 7 of them are "fosters" though of those, 4 are feral (not well socialized and afraid of people- typical of puppy mill survivors) and may or may not find homes.

We have had the occasional bird and kamikaze squirrel come in through the dog door, to add a bit of excitement to our lives.

Blog Entries
    We have a German Short Haired Pointer Molly who is stubborn as the day is long but sweet natured and Maggie a blue tick beagle who is 12 and a food hound! We have Snickers a grey cockatiel who thinks she runs the house. Outside we see rabbits squirrels cats ground squirrels(chipmunks) You occasionally will see a bobcat or fox or wolf or coyote around. Mostly in the country tho not up close here. We are in a small town that is like almost in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
    I have 10 cats and 3 Chihuahuas. Ages ranging from 10 years to 7 months old with the cats.
    Are you fostering by any chance? That is a lot of cats/kittens at different ages. I say a lot HA That is only two for every one of mine. Hmmm, maybe I should rethink my comment :lol:

Anyway, actually seen in our yard outside... Deer, raccoon, fox, red and gray squirrels, chipmunks, countless rabbits, tons of different types of birds, hawks (had a bit too much interest in the chickens, same with the fox!) Chickens, 4 beehives, great horned owl but I haven't seen him in a few years I hear him alot. I have heard coyotes but never seen them. My dog is inside outside. Inside 5 cats and the occasional mouse that has made a very poor decision. Sometimes they escape, most times they don't.

Squirrels, lots of birds, hawks, snakes, ducks, inside our dog Bailey.

Lots of rabbits and squirrels in town, and the koi in the back yard.

Main pond in back yard
    Name:  Attachment-159132.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  76.5 KB

I have an orange striped, bobtail (born that way) cat inside who is very cuddly. Outside, there are other cats, baby birds born in the spring in the nests and houses on the patio shelf, blue jays, flocks of geese, occasional huge flocks of crows as well as flocks of another bird that swoop around, land on the ground and trees and then take off again, and squirrels. One time, someone had apparently put out a chunk of bread that a squirrel found, and tucked into a wooden box of fake flowers that I had sitting on the front porch railing. That made me laugh.

Inside two spoiled rotten cats. Outside deer, rabbit, wild turkey, redfox (once had a family of mom dad and 8 kits) rabbits, coyote, skunk, opposum, racoons, all kind of birds. We love feeding the birds in the winter. We feed the hummingbirds in the summer. We've had our house for sale twice and I would miss all the wildlife if and when we move.

Blog Entries
    Outside squirrels, chipmunks, coyote, bears, deer, a few snakes, birds - a few rabbits - when the coyote population is up the rabbit population is down, stray cats, etc.

Inside - Liliana Grace. Lily is a rescue Siberian/Shiba Inu. A tall, beautiful, gentle animal with a bit of Sibe stubbornness, but not much. My imp is Moira Mae, a Border Collie mix. Another rescue who was very near death when the shelter gave her to me. She is a happy, fun loving little dog, though a bit on the protective side.

Lily
    Name:  Attachment-159282.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  69.8 KB

Moira
    Name:  Attachment-159283.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  52.5 KB

Blog Entries
    4 Chihuahuas. 1 long haired black male, 1 blue fawn female, one cream female, and our newest is a rescure long hair black female (she was found on a busy highway and so skinny, but is great now). All of them are spoiled rotten.

Bitsy - our rescue
    Name:  Attachment-159260.jpe
Views: 17
Size:  10.9 KB

Bear (black) Brandy (cream) and Baby Girl (blue fawn)
    Name:  Attachment-159261.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  41.9 KB

Inside: A Boston Terrier, (Cow), 3 tortoises, 4 turtles, a husband and two boys.

Outside: since we are in NYC there is not much wild life except for an occasional squirrel balancing on the electric wires, but I am near a college campus and sometimes there are some unidentifiable living creatures walking down the street that I can not place. We have a guy on a skateboard when there is a foot of snow on the ground, a girl on a wheelchair in the middle of the road, a blond huge afro (don't ask) and many other things that I have to label as wild life. I haven't seen any yet, but there has to be a roach somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    Outside squirrels, chipmunks, coyote, bears, deer, a few snakes, birds - a few rabbits - when the coyote population is up the rabbit population is down, stray cats, etc.

Inside - Liliana Grace. Lily is a rescue Siberian/Shiba Inu. A tall, beautiful, gentle animal with a bit of Sibe stubbornness, but not much. My imp is Moira Mae, a Border Collie mix. Another rescue who was very near death when the shelter gave her to me. She is a happy, fun loving little dog, though a bit on the protective side.
    I have a friend in Cadillac. The end of their road is state land, so everytime she pulls in her drive she has to make sure there aren't any bear, before she gets out of her car.

We have mice, squirrels and birds outside. Pigeons, seagulls, and sparrows are the most common birds I've seen. And I've seen rats in the subway terminal. The mice only come inside to visit us occasionally, and I thank God we don't have cockroaches or bed bugs. There's also a few cats who seem to patrol the neighborhood. They appear to take their "job" very seriously.

Here in Brooklyn, the wildlife tends to me more human.

This years been slow last year had nothing new in the house but the two dogs, but its a new year give me time. Here are some of pass lovelys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    gmaybee, Our area backs up to the Huron Manistee Nat'l Forest so that's why I have seen deer, bear and coyote in a residential area. I wish they'd stay in the woods. I am two blocks in from the edge of the woods, but we walk in that direction. The bears are way too bold west of town.

one cat inside

3 dogs who live outdoors in their heated pens. (electric bill this month $240.00)

Several rabbits who ate everything in my garden they could get their lips on. Those pesty things ate my evergreen trees down to the trunks!!

Deer, we seen a coyote last year, crows, ravens, squirrels, chipmunks.

And the always favorite........the nosey neighbor and the neighbor you just want to hit with a big stick.

Roda I loved your pics! Adorable!

Inside we only have 2 Malamute dogs. We have numerous birds that frequent the feeders along with squirrels. Once there was an opposum sitting on our back fence. We have also seen coyotes run through the darned neighborhood at night. We hear them a lot if we are out in the Summer evenings.

Blog Entries
    We have a little terrier mix dog and three cats that stay indoors. Our Australian Shepherd mainly stays in the yard but likes to come in during bad weather. Outside we have our cattle (Limousin and Texas Longhorn breeds) plus a few mini bantam chickens. We also have all sorts of wildlife: coyotes, javelinas, owls, squirrels, skunks, armadillos, raccoons, swamp rabbits, Caracaras (Mexican Eagles) and much more. Ah, country life!

Inside: our Jack Russel Tiny, the occasional mouse, the other day we were visited by a snake (python or carpet snake) who was watching TV with us, lots of geckos, sometimes a green frog looses his way into our house
    Outside: 6 horses, 2 calves, 18 chicken, then lots of wallabies and kangaroos, rabbits, foxes, dingos, possums, greeen tree frogs and toads, now with the terrible rain we had even rats are looking for higher grounds, snakes and lots of different parrots and all sort of birds - cookaburras, wrens, wagtails, etc, etc..... and maybe a few others I haven't discovered yet as they roam at night!!! ;)

Blog Entries
    Fun thread! Enjoyed the pictures.. Aside from hubby, I live with two dogs - a spoiled cockapoo and an equally spoiled shipoo and a canary who sings while I sew. Outside I enjoy feeding the birds and the squirrels (fox squirrels in our area).

Living in South Florida now in the country (lived in NYC and Miami), don't get to see any bears, but we have a small grove of trees my son left when he built his house and I have seen racoons, possum, rabbits, snakes, squirrels and hawks (they diminish the squirrel population occasionally). My granddaughters put up pine cones with peanut butter and bird seed for the birds. I feed the leftover bread, salad greens I don't use, and whatever I think they would like. Must be everything because I don't see any leftovers. Have some tomatoes growing and my son is jostling with a racoon as to who will get the first tomato. Love the country.

I'm in a suburb of Chicago and outside have squirrels, chipmunks, a fox, a big coyote, lots of birds and field mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
    I have 10 cats and 3 Chihuahuas. Ages ranging from 10 years to 7 months old with the cats.
    Your cats are so pretty! The one in the box is too cute!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast