Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What animals do you have inside or outside  (also wild animals) at your house? >

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

Old 01-14-2011, 07:08 AM

Being a city dweller I only have two Scottie dogs in the house; they're my best friends and good companions. They're Therapy Dogs. We visit Hospice patients in nursing homes and look forward to visiting in some homes soon and next, the hospital. Outside, I had to have a sick VA opposum trapped cuz it was wandering on my deck during the daylite hours. In northen Illinois, we have the usual beautiful cardinals, many squirrels, turkeys visit under the bird feeders and sometimes come up on the deck to look in the windows, an occasional hawk stops to look around, some deer run thru (I have a small park beyond my back yard), and I've heard we have coyotes in the area. Even tho I have a dog-run, I don't leave them out there very long in the evenings!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM

NONE
Old 01-14-2011, 05:46 PM

We have 2 dogs inside - my avatar - Gracie, Shepard Chow Lab mix, pure bred Scottish Terrier(Smokey).
Out side, wellsquirrels, chipmunks, black bear, fox, alot of deer. We feed them at the end of our yard. Havefeeders for squirrel on the big Oaks ( keeps them out of the bird feeders) all kinds of birds.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by LAB55
We have 2 dogs inside - my avatar - Gracie, Shepard Chow Lab mix, pure bred Scottish Terrier(Smokey).
Out side, wellsquirrels, chipmunks, black bear, fox, alot of deer. We feed them at the end of our yard. Havefeeders for squirrel on the big Oaks ( keeps them out of the bird feeders) all kinds of birds.
Hey, Smokey --- Arrooooo from Angus & Kylie!
LAB55: Are you on facebook with the many other Scottie nuts?
Old 01-14-2011, 05:58 PM

We use to have cats, dogs, and parakeets, now we don't have any inside animals. Our neighbors cat visits us often, when my husband would wash the cement with a hose the cat would play with the stream, as if it were a string.

Every once in a while my youngest son brings over our furry grandson(yellow lab).

Outside we have a blue jay that yells at me, a very large mama raccoon that hisses at me, a beautiful lynx that I only see tracks of, a bear that wonders our area, deer(though very elusive), Elk across the river in the stand of new growth, and we also have a very large puma.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:28 PM

Jude, I am on facebook, but haven't checked in there for months. Smokey is in some of my pictures along with Gracie.
We rescued Smokey from an abusive home, it has taken 3 years to calm him some, he was a biter & will any one but us.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:58 PM

Inside, one elderly, retired dog. Outside, Koi, which attract raccoons & blue herons, woodpeckers, finch, the occasional eagle, you name it and my favorites, crows. The crows leave "gifts" in exchange for pieces of dried bread. The other day I found a turquoise empty ranch dressing packet outside my door.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Banned

7 dogs
shetland pony aged 25
pheasants, squirrels,mice,partridge,masses of rabbits,foxes and loads of birds.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
I have 2 cats inside. Outside I have a very tall palm tree where a family of squirrels live. Every day I tuck crackers and old bread into the strips of bark and watch them come down to nibble. My cats love to watch. My son said he saw a huge white owl come down one night which explains the big droppings my husband has found. Looks like a ball of bones. Ugh! At least it keeps any mice away. Hopefully it's staying away from the squirrels so far.
It probably is a big ball of bones. Owls can't digest fur, feathers or bones. They barf them back up after they have digested the meat off what they eat.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:34 AM

1 Peking white duck
1 Gander/Goose
1 spoiled fat male Tom cat.

That's it for now. Come spring will go to Naylors Feed store and buy a couple more ducks and maybe another goose/gander. I really don't need a dog because Goosentha is really noisy and always on patrol.