Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: What is best way to sell and ship quilting books?

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    If you tell the post office its a book its a flat cheap fee...think its 2.77 it may have gone up...you must tell them its a book.
    Actually media mail rates depend on the weight of the item. 2.77 is for an item over 1 pound but no more than 2 pounds. Media mail is for books, film, DVD's, video tape, CD's, etc. It does take longer to get it, but I'm not usually in that much of a rush. Frugality wins out over impatience (usually).

The new rates for postage are now on the usps.com site. I had previously been told by the post office that they were going to change every May. Guess they couldn't wait. Bummer.

I have sold on ebay, amazon , and QB and I must say here is the best. Amazon takes a percentage of what you sell, plus $.99, plus $1.35 "variable closing fee". That can add up, especially on a lower price book.
    Plus buyers on EB and AZ can leave you nasty feedback if they are in a bad mood. QB folks are all very nice.

I no longer sell my books but trade them on paperbackswap.com. Too much hassle trying to sell them with all the fees. And trading them gets you lots of free books to read!

Thank you one and all for all the helpful information!! I wish I had known as much when I was buying all these books (smile). I paid full price for them. They will now be sold for peanuts basically. Surprisingly there is no one in my family that quilts. Maybe one of my grandchildren will someday take it up. But as the oldest girl is now age 6, it might be a while before we find out. I have to clear the room long before then (another smile).

Thank you once again for all your help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3