Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's happening to the members >

What's happening to the members

What's happening to the members

Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 PM

Just wondering what is happening here. Locking users out? People just kinda disappearing. Will I be next, for posting this? Where's the crazy lady? And the other one that want's to chit chat? If i'm out of line for asking, I guess you have my permission to lock me out also.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 PM

They are both still here, but have more pressing matters at the moment. Crafty Bears hubby has been very sick and in the hospital, Marsye is getting ready for a big craft show (or something like that)
As much as we all would like to spend time every day here, sometimes life happens! I know we miss them when they aren't here!! :D :D
Old 07-21-2010, 08:06 PM

I wonder if everyone's making QUILTS!!!!?????!!! Or, as with other forums, the summer makes us busier with family life and travel!?!?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 PM

People are getting locked out? Where did you get that idea? Haven't seen that happening.
I think life is just getting in the way for some people
Old 07-21-2010, 08:16 PM

people are always busy I know when I log on I can spend hours ready thru posts when I shoild be doing other things
Old 07-21-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
People are getting locked out? Where did you get that idea? Haven't seen that happening.
I think life is just getting in the way for some people
The idea came from a p ost by a new moderator on the post called Where is Shadow dancer? Check it out.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:49 PM

I have heard from a member who has been on here a long time. It is very hard to do something bad enough for you to get Locked out. Just in case, I am having a duplicate key made. ROFL. People come and go and we should not speculate. Just wish them all well if they are ill and wish them the best in whatever has them so busy.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Power Poster

No one is locked out... It is summer and life happens.

I for one at the moment am on vacation traveling and meeting fellow board members :lol: So while we are out quilt store hopping and eating ( not necessarily in that order :wink: LOL) we are posting less

Some people stop quilting others start , it is like anything else , happens in cycles :thumbup:
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 PM

SharonB- My vacations are coming in august. Two retreats to go to and each is four days. DH better learn to take care of himself fort hose days. Wahoooooo.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by julia58
Just wondering what is happening here. Locking users out? People just kinda disappearing. Will I be next, for posting this? Where's the crazy lady? And the other one that want's to chit chat? If i'm out of line for asking, I guess you have my permission to lock me out also.
you're not "next". it's hard to be "next" in a line that doesn't exist. ;-)

you aren't out of line, either. sometimes people with axes to grind, or who enjoy stirring up controversy and other types of trouble, circulate wild rumors. these rumors get passed on by well-meaning members who have been caused to worry about problems that don't really exist. by the time you get to the end of the grapevine, you find jumbo-sized grapefruits dangling in the clusters.

sometimes the rumors start in total innocence. one person asks a perfectly reasonable question but things somehow get blown out of proportion. nobody is to blame, really, but the result is unfortunately the same.

when it's done deliberately, a few troublemakers entertain themselves by getting everybody's knickers in a twist. loveable members who would never think to cause problems end up worried they'll get bounced. meanwhile, all attention shifts away from the boneheads who're stirring the pot so "nobody knows" where and why it all started. the only ones worrying are those who never had anything to worry about.

when it happens by accident everybody worries more because we can't point to a specific event or person as the cause.

the bottom line remains the same, though. as long as you know you have done nothing with the obvious and deliberate intent of causing trouble, you have nothing to worry about. which means that 99.99% of everybody reading this has nothing to worry about.

chillaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax. ;-)