View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:59 PM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by julia58
Just wondering what is happening here. Locking users out? People just kinda disappearing. Will I be next, for posting this? Where's the crazy lady? And the other one that want's to chit chat? If i'm out of line for asking, I guess you have my permission to lock me out also.
you're not "next". it's hard to be "next" in a line that doesn't exist. ;-)

you aren't out of line, either. sometimes people with axes to grind, or who enjoy stirring up controversy and other types of trouble, circulate wild rumors. these rumors get passed on by well-meaning members who have been caused to worry about problems that don't really exist. by the time you get to the end of the grapevine, you find jumbo-sized grapefruits dangling in the clusters.

sometimes the rumors start in total innocence. one person asks a perfectly reasonable question but things somehow get blown out of proportion. nobody is to blame, really, but the result is unfortunately the same.

when it's done deliberately, a few troublemakers entertain themselves by getting everybody's knickers in a twist. loveable members who would never think to cause problems end up worried they'll get bounced. meanwhile, all attention shifts away from the boneheads who're stirring the pot so "nobody knows" where and why it all started. the only ones worrying are those who never had anything to worry about.

when it happens by accident everybody worries more because we can't point to a specific event or person as the cause.

the bottom line remains the same, though. as long as you know you have done nothing with the obvious and deliberate intent of causing trouble, you have nothing to worry about. which means that 99.99% of everybody reading this has nothing to worry about.

chillaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax. ;-)