Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: When something jogs a memory

Blog Entries
    You are not going to believe this, but I very rarely eat graham crackers because they are addicting. I just finished eating some (okay a lot) and read your topic. Small world.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Foods and other scents bring back more memories for me than anything else.
    I just love it !!
    My beloved Dad always ate crusty Italian bread with his breakfast but never toasted or buttered. And good Italian bread gets stale quickly!! He didn't care.
    He didn't cook but at night he would slice from the loaf and put a banana in it. So funny.
    The smell of sauce cooking whether I make it or my DH always smells like being home as a child ( or my Gram's, aunts, etc :)

My mom used to crumble saltines on vanilla ice cream. I still do that once in a while.

When roasting meat, my Nan would put big slices of bread in the bubbling pan juices, sprinkle with salt and we'd eat it straight away. I always liked the heel (the end bit) still do. Thanks for the memory trip.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the postings, I am loving this. Yes I do read each and everyone that gets posted.

Every day grampa would open up a biscuit and put it on a plate. He'd slather on 1/2 a cube of butter, jam, Karo syrup and sugar!!! YIP -- turns your stomach, doesn't it....LOL He didn't have diabetis, he didn't have a weight problem and he died at 85!!!!

My Uncle Wally ate potato pancakes for almost every meal, and I still remember how good they smelled when they cooked!
    His wife made the best strawberry freezer jam.....they were our neighbors, so us kids were always there, and I always asked for her jam!

Every time I see Lilacs I remember home and Mom. They were her favorite flower and the 'side porch' had them from front to back and were the shade during the summer.

Sometimes my mom would eat cornbread crumbled in milk, too. But sometimes she would take dark Karo syrup and mix some with butter on her plate and drag her cornbread through that, too...kinda like a dessert at the end of the meal, since we rarely had "sweets".

Wow...things I haven't thought of in 40+ years. LOL

Sunday mornings my Grandfather would walk to the Jewish Bakery and bring back fresh Jewish Rye Bread, and Grandma would make me the forbidden cup of Coffee with bread and homemade butter!!! MMMMMmmmmmm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast