Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: While you are sewing, what else do you do?

I have the entire day to myself, which rarely happens with 4 kids at home. I have a movie and am going to sew. Not sure if I am going to start a new project or finish FMQ my DD's quilt. Thinking I need to finish one before I start another !

I've never tried to watch a movie AND sew. I usually just enjoy the quiet (if I have it) otherwise I listen to music. I'll let you know later how it goes!

Can you watch TV or a movie while sewing?

I usually have a movie on in the background. I make sure it's one I've seen many times, so that way I can just listen and still know what is going on.

Blog Entries
    no, not me! may be some music, radio or silence!!!

Yep sure can. It is more like background noise for me. TV is on all the time.

As housework takes a back seat when I am sewing, I'll sometimes set the timer for 15 min (think Flylady) and do something re housework. Makes me feel less guilty for then spending the next hour sewing LOL
    Sue

I can sew all day (if I want to) - no kids to worry about - just a hubby :-) AND 4 dogs - let the dogs out, let the dogs in, let the dogs out, let the dogs in...................
    I listen to MY music on my MP3 player. I will many times have the embroidery machine going while I sew on the other machine. Have to turn the music up loud so I can hear it over the noise of the machines.

Nita in MI

I love listening to movies while I sew. Sometimes I look up and watch a little too ;-) Movies are perfect for binding. I'll line up 2 or 3 on binding day ;-)

Blog Entries
    Most the time with movies, they are predictable. So I don't need to watch it, I can listen to it and still follow along. I do have on a show or a movie while sewing. If its a show Im really into, then Nope, can't do it. I end up not sewing and just watching it, LOL!

dd
    I have a TV w/dvd player but most of the time I don't use it. If it's something I haven't seen before, I find myself watching too much and not working enough. Especially if I'm on someone else's time. I like the quiet.

No, I cannot watch TV and sew. I am too easily distracted which leads to errors.
    I can listen to music and sew, and I can walk and chew gum at the same time!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast