Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: who knew???

who knew???

2-1/2 years ago we adopted 3 cats from the shelter. Ok, they were already fixed and 3 mos old at the time. Well..... my Daisy was cleaning herself yesterday and I discovered she is a HE! I mean who knew? I was told it was a girl, so I went with that when I named her.

He knows his name so it is staying. My other cat Romeo is a female too.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, and 4 crazy cats!

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
    2-1/2 years ago we adopted 3 cats from the shelter. Ok, they were already fixed and 3 mos old at the time. Well..... my Daisy was cleaning herself yesterday and I discovered she is a HE! I mean who knew? I was told it was a girl, so I went with that when I named her.

He knows his name so it is staying. My other cat Romeo is a female too.
    I found a mother and kittens behind a store I worked at several years ago. I took a kitten and some of the other girls I worked with took one and the mother too. Well when I checked I thought it was a girl. so we named her Tinker Bell. Well sometime later ...atleast a year or so she sat there cleaning herself too...that when I noticed also that my girl cat was NOT a girl...!!! I almost died laughing. Well we didn't change the name...just shortened it to "Tinky" I still chuckle when I think about it. So your not alone.

Power Poster
    Well thank goodness he/she was fixed or you could have little kitties by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Well thank goodness he/she was fixed or you could have little kitties by now.
    You're right! LOL
    Here they are, the gray/white is Daisy.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, and 4 crazy cats!

We had a cat join us for awhile. It was the biggest, toughest-looking yet friendliest ever tom cat, and we called him Stripes. But a neighbor who was more knowledgeable insisted he was a she, so we called the cat Princess. We took the cat to a vet and said it was a she, and no one said otherwise. Sometime later we went to another vet who informed us she was in fact a he. So we were back to Stripes.

He left us sometime after that. He was so friendly, just made himself at home with us and our other pets, that he either found a new home or went back to his old home. And when I think of all the times we crooned "Pretty pretty Princess" to him, and he just ate it up with a spoon, lol.

Blog Entries
    I understand! I found Peach in a park...I thought I had a little girl kitten but when I took "her" to the Dr. Cameron he said, "Sharon, I think Miss Peach is Mr. Peach!" We gave him a more masculine name by adding Fred C. to his name. He is officially known as "Mr. Fred C.(for cat) Peach". He is neutered and he is the love of my life!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    he, he. We took in a mama cat and her two kittens. they were pretty feral so i couldn't get near them much. One kitten was very small and the other very large and muscular. the large one began to show interest in the mama in ways that made me "know" it was a male. Well we finally got the kittens to the Vet's office and found they both were girls!! i'd named one Sissie (for Sister) and one Buddy (for Brother). sigh. changed Buddy to Buddie and then to BuddieRose. We call her Rosie mostly now.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Name:  301366_1620270324498_1750109808_n.jpg
Views: 1600
Size:  53.4 KBHere is my cat...

Quote Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
    I found a mother and kittens behind a store I worked at several years ago. I took a kitten and some of the other girls I worked with took one and the mother too. Well when I checked I thought it was a girl. so we named her Tinker Bell. Well sometime later ...atleast a year or so she sat there cleaning herself too...that when I noticed also that my girl cat was NOT a girl...!!! I almost died laughing. Well we didn't change the name...just shortened it to "Tinky" I still chuckle when I think about it. So your not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    he, he. We took in a mama cat and her two kittens. they were pretty feral so i couldn't get near them much. One kitten was very small and the other very large and muscular. the large one began to show interest in the mama in ways that made me "know" it was a male. Well we finally got the kittens to the Vet's office and found they both were girls!! i'd named one Sissie (for Sister) and one Buddy (for Brother). sigh. changed Buddy to Buddie and then to BuddieRose. We call her Rosie mostly now.
    Your cat & mine look like Sister & Brother..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    I just love Rosies cute black nose!
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast