who knew???

Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Default who knew???

2-1/2 years ago we adopted 3 cats from the shelter. Ok, they were already fixed and 3 mos old at the time. Well..... my Daisy was cleaning herself yesterday and I discovered she is a HE! I mean who knew? I was told it was a girl, so I went with that when I named her.

He knows his name so it is staying. My other cat Romeo is a female too.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
2-1/2 years ago we adopted 3 cats from the shelter. Ok, they were already fixed and 3 mos old at the time. Well..... my Daisy was cleaning herself yesterday and I discovered she is a HE! I mean who knew? I was told it was a girl, so I went with that when I named her.

He knows his name so it is staying. My other cat Romeo is a female too.
I found a mother and kittens behind a store I worked at several years ago. I took a kitten and some of the other girls I worked with took one and the mother too. Well when I checked I thought it was a girl. so we named her Tinker Bell. Well sometime later ...atleast a year or so she sat there cleaning herself too...that when I noticed also that my girl cat was NOT a girl...!!! I almost died laughing. Well we didn't change the name...just shortened it to "Tinky" I still chuckle when I think about it. So your not alone.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Well thank goodness he/she was fixed or you could have little kitties by now.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Well thank goodness he/she was fixed or you could have little kitties by now.
You're right! LOL
Here they are, the gray/white is Daisy.
Attached Thumbnails 8-18.jpg   romeo-6-5-11.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:31 AM

We had a cat join us for awhile. It was the biggest, toughest-looking yet friendliest ever tom cat, and we called him Stripes. But a neighbor who was more knowledgeable insisted he was a she, so we called the cat Princess. We took the cat to a vet and said it was a she, and no one said otherwise. Sometime later we went to another vet who informed us she was in fact a he. So we were back to Stripes.

He left us sometime after that. He was so friendly, just made himself at home with us and our other pets, that he either found a new home or went back to his old home. And when I think of all the times we crooned "Pretty pretty Princess" to him, and he just ate it up with a spoon, lol.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:53 AM

I understand! I found Peach in a park...I thought I had a little girl kitten but when I took "her" to the Dr. Cameron he said, "Sharon, I think Miss Peach is Mr. Peach!" We gave him a more masculine name by adding Fred C. to his name. He is officially known as "Mr. Fred C.(for cat) Peach". He is neutered and he is the love of my life!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

he, he. We took in a mama cat and her two kittens. they were pretty feral so i couldn't get near them much. One kitten was very small and the other very large and muscular. the large one began to show interest in the mama in ways that made me "know" it was a male. Well we finally got the kittens to the Vet's office and found they both were girls!! i'd named one Sissie (for Sister) and one Buddy (for Brother). sigh. changed Buddy to Buddie and then to BuddieRose. We call her Rosie mostly now.
Attached Thumbnails p1010115a.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]373463[/ATTACH]Here is my cat...

Originally Posted by susansomethings View Post
I found a mother and kittens behind a store I worked at several years ago. I took a kitten and some of the other girls I worked with took one and the mother too. Well when I checked I thought it was a girl. so we named her Tinker Bell. Well sometime later ...atleast a year or so she sat there cleaning herself too...that when I noticed also that my girl cat was NOT a girl...!!! I almost died laughing. Well we didn't change the name...just shortened it to "Tinky" I still chuckle when I think about it. So your not alone.
Attached Thumbnails 301366_1620270324498_1750109808_n.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
he, he. We took in a mama cat and her two kittens. they were pretty feral so i couldn't get near them much. One kitten was very small and the other very large and muscular. the large one began to show interest in the mama in ways that made me "know" it was a male. Well we finally got the kittens to the Vet's office and found they both were girls!! i'd named one Sissie (for Sister) and one Buddy (for Brother). sigh. changed Buddy to Buddie and then to BuddieRose. We call her Rosie mostly now.
Your cat & mine look like Sister & Brother..LOL
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I just love Rosies cute black nose!