Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P >

Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P

Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P

Old 11-26-2013, 07:38 PM

Default Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P

He has told me that I will NOT be cooking dinner Thursday. So I can spend the day doing as I please in my sewing room.

This is the first time since I was 17 that I haven't cooked Thanksgiving dinner. It's going to be a strange day.

We ordered a pan of 16 layer lasagna from Carino's Italian restaurant. They make the best lasagna. Tomorrow we will pick up a couple of the ceasear salad kits and some very fresh french bread. I am cooking his favorite cake tomorrow too. A white cake with coconut frosting. And a batch of homemade vanilla ice cream.

Sometime next week I will cook him a belated Thanksgiving dinner.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:43 PM

Not I either! DD moved into a much bigger house and will christen the new dining room and kitchen. All she wants me to bring is the pumpkin pie.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:23 PM

I don't have to cook or leave my house.My dear daughter in law well do all the cooking and if I don't feellike going up stairs to eat with the family she will bring it down to me but I prefer going up and eating with family.I am truly blessed and well taken care of.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:31 PM

I AM!!! And loving doing it! Sons, DIL, 2 grand kids, and "uncle Shawn" will come. We do appetizers around noon, then cook the traditional meal with all the trimmings. Of course there will be football on TV, and weather permitting, on the front lawn as well. Once dinner is done it's pie for dessert, and then we start the soups...turkey vegetable, and turkey wild rice. Everyone goes home with leftovers!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:46 PM

My DH takes care of the bird and dressing. I do the rest. DD brings the pies.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:06 PM

How lucky you are to have such a considerate husband!

I'll be cooking, but I brought it on myself, so have no one to blame but myself. We'll have a good time, though, and that's what counts!
Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 PM

I'm cooking, just for DH, DD,and a couple of friends, I love to cook so it is no problem forme.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:52 PM

I will be making a pumpkin pie and an apple pie tomorrow along with breaking the bread for the dressing. We are having family and friends over, but dinner won't be until about 6 because my daughter and a friend work on Thursday and we want to hold dinner until we are all together. Cooking isn't a problem to me - it is the clean-up. So I really try to do the dishes as we go along.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:45 AM

Since I am recovering from breast cancer surgery my son and two daughters and spouses are bringing dinner to our house. We are using disposable plates for the first time. So I'll get to sit in my recliner or lay down if I feel like it. They always clean up after Thanksgiving dinner. Son-in-law usually carves the turkey and washes the pots. I am so blessed to have such a loving family.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:11 AM
Power Poster

if i'm invited elsewhere, i usually buy a smalll turkey to cook just for me so i can have all those leftovers. this year, i'm not even doing that i did have a turkey dinner at my SILs on Sunday and will go to my DDs tomorrow. my SIL gave me the carcass for soup and i made that yesterday. i'm baking 2 pies in the morning, though.