Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P >

Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P

Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P

Old 11-28-2013, 07:25 PM

Our son is the restaurant manager for a very popular state park lodge and serves 650-700 dinners on Thanksgiving, so he is never available. We had our family get-together last Saturday and had a wonderful time!
Today, I worked on a counted cross stitch stocking that I hope to have finished by Christmas, for my newest grandbaby. I think I must have sewed for 6 or 7 hours on it today!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Power Poster

I cooked a large turkey and made dressing. I pre ordered all the sides and desserts. I expected 7 people but ended up with 15 and a puppy. Thank goodness I ordered food for two meals, thinking there would be plenty of leftovers, so there was plenty to go around. It was nice to not have to do all the food prep and cooking and all the kitchen clean up.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:06 AM

Mu son made an awesone dinner with all the trimmings. I made a lemon pie that did not set up and forgot the sugar in the Pumpin pie! We will talk about this Thanksgiving for a long time! LOL
Old 11-29-2013, 10:40 AM

I'm fortunate that I have ILs that love to host and cook Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, all fairly close -- I just bring what I'm asked or what I suggest -- great meal and great time to visit -- today, the day after Thanksgiving, I am cooking a small turkey, dressing, and gravy for our little family (to have leftovers for the weekend) and doctoring a corn casserole that was a bit bland -- I hosted one of our family Thanksgiving thingys years ago and it was a real pain -- I have a good-sized kitchen but my two dining areas are small (and now I use my dining room for cutting out quilt stuff, and we eat in the breakfast room )
Old 11-29-2013, 11:27 AM

I am so glad y'all enjoyed your day. The lasagna was absolutely divine, a crisp Caesar salad and a couple of small loaves of crusty french bread. And we were in heaven.

Better yet.........same thing for dinner tonight. I froze 4 pieces for a dinner next week. Having a Sicilian for a husband, he never gets tired of lasagna or spaghetti.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:51 AM

[

Good for you! Hope all was well and the movie was great!!! :-)

QUOTE=Airwick156;6427977]This will be the first time in 10 years that I will be able to spend Thanksgiving with my kids. My husband prevented me from seeing my kids its a long story. Anyways....recently I moved in with 2 of my daughters who are roommates. We three decided to NOT fix a big dinner instead, one daughter is going to make us breakfast burritos around 8 am, at 12:30 pm the three of us are going to a matinee movie to see the second hunger games movie, at 3:00 we will have homemade tacos for dinner and then my youngest daughter is going out of town to watch the Civil war football game between 2 Oregon colleges. Its BIG here..the game is on Friday. So that is my Thanksgiving this year. And I am so THANKFUL to be able to spend it with my kids. Who knows what we will do for Christmas. Who knows we might just eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. LoL. It doesnt matter what food we eat its the fellowship of your family and friends that matter. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
Since I am recovering from breast cancer surgery my son and two daughters and spouses are bringing dinner to our house. We are using disposable plates for the first time. So I'll get to sit in my recliner or lay down if I feel like it. They always clean up after Thanksgiving dinner. Son-in-law usually carves the turkey and washes the pots. I am so blessed to have such a loving family.
amen to that!