Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P >

Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P

Who's cooking Thursday?.....NOT I. :P

Old 11-28-2013, 02:27 AM

Good Morning! And Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving is the one time of the year I don't mind doing the cooking. I started on Tuesday, getting as much of the prep work done as I could (chopping onions, crushing crackers for casserole topping, etc). I spent all day yesterday cooking, baking pies, and putting the casseroles dishes together. Now, here I am at a little after 5.00 in the morning putting the turkey in the oven. I've got a 24 pounder this year, the biggest one I've ever cooked!!

For lunch, my younger son, his wife, 2 kids and his father-in-law will be here with hubby, my mom and me. Then for supper, my older son, his wife and 4 kids will join us. Hope that turkey is big enough!!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:36 AM

I work today, but only an 8 hour shift. I prepared squash casserole last night. I'll bring 1/2 of that into work and dh will bring the other 1/2 to the relatives along with shrimp cocktail. I'm also bringing in holiday cookies to work. So, my cooking will consist of warming up cookies and casserole.

How nice of your dh to give you a rest this Thanksgiving. I hope you have a happy day!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:28 AM

I am cooking the bird as we speak - 20 lb'er. The pumpkin pie was done at 4:30 AM. Dog woke me up at 1:00. I think he thought I might oversleep. Anyhow, everything is ready except the kit and bath floor, and a shower! Oh, yah, take the sheets off the table. I set my table last night. Mighty pretty if I say so myself. Just wait til the food goes on the plate. Whoo-Hoo! Guess who has a dishwasher - but guess who's eating with guests from Wisconsin and are diehard Cheeseheads ---- at 12:00 no less. It'll be a mighty fast dinner.

Do your best, Green Bay!!!!!!! You couldn't beat the Vikings, but then we couldn't beat you either!!!! Horse a piece, I guess!
\
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and like I said to my husband when we would come out of the doctor's office "Don't forget to say thank you". I lost my husband in March and my mother in July. But I can still say thank you. Neither suffered. Both went to heaven, I know that because my mother told the chaplain that my father and my husband came to see her the day before she died. And for that I say Thank you!!!! Edie
Old 11-28-2013, 04:39 AM

I sure AM cooking today! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and we are all looking forward to the wonderful smells in the house while the turkey and stuffing are cooking. We got to enjoy the smell of pumpkin pie yesterday while the pies were baking! Everyone have a WONDERFUL and blessed day today.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:06 AM

Who's house can I come to? Canadian Thanksgiving is long past, and I really, really love traditional turkey dinner! Why I would even come for a less traditional meal....
Old 11-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

No, I am not cooking today. We are blessed to be spending the day with friends. Tomorrow is the Apple Cup football game, so am having the 4 kids, their families, and my in-laws here.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:19 AM

We go to our church they make the turkey and we all bring a dish to pass, it is a really nice way to spend with friends because our family is 700 miles away. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:23 AM

I am cooking a wonderful feast for DH and myself. I will start soon, just reading the board for now. Happy Thanksgiving to all !
Old 11-28-2013, 08:52 AM

Happy Thanksgiving all! Yes, the birds in the oven as I type. Just hubby, GS & I today. Family live too far away. I wasn't going to cook this year, told DD she could take over Thanksgiving, but she doesn't have a home of her own this year, so I jumped in to save the day. When I was driving my big rig, hubby & I always made sure we were in Florida for Thanksgiving & went to Disneyworld. It was like a mini vacation & let Minnie do the cooking & clean up. I kind of miss it this year!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:28 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...r-t235611.html

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Vickey S.