Why did I buy it?

Old 02-25-2016, 02:45 PM

You all know more than I do!! I really have been thinking of giving up my P C altogether because of my age and it takes up too much of my time just to look up one thing. Use to love it, but every time the grand kids use it, it takes me weeks to get it back, and then they come again!! I would like to just have a conversation with them to see how they are doing in school, and the rest of their lives. Guess I`m too old for that too.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:17 PM

Barbshobbies, I used to have the same problem when the grandkids used my computer, even to the point that I would have to take it in for virus removal, etc. Even if there weren't viruses, they changed my setting so much, I could hardly recognize my own computer. Finally I gave up on the PC, too many expensive repairs, and just use my laptop. My laptop is now off limits for grandkids. Sorry if their feelings are hurt, but enough was enough and I feel I deserve to enjoy my computer time. PS, they get over it. Also discovered their parents would not let them use their new computer
Old 02-25-2016, 03:24 PM

I have a Kindle & I love it. Originally I had a Kindle Touch, then a couple of Christmases ago I upgraded it to a Kindle Fire. I am never without my Kindle. It goes everywhere with me. When I'm at the doctor's or dentist, stuck in traffic, even read on my lunch break at work. I have more than a thousand books in the Cloud. Actually, I had close to a thousand when I bought the Kindle Fire, so who knows how many books are stored in the Cloud today. But I only read books on it. One of these days I will have to explore & see what else I can do with it. I haven't explored the photography part of the Kindle Fire, or the e-mail section. My only regret is that I actually gave up my Kindle Touch.