Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: why do I always wait so late for holidays?

Blog Entries
    By the time I get the "feeling" to do my holiday quilts it's the last minute !! I am forever doing this ! :roll:

Blog Entries
    You're not the only one. I think for me it has to do with thinking about holiday things when they're farther than 6 months away. I just can't think of things that far in advance. Drives me nuts.

I need to be in the "spirit" to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pjaco
    By the time I get the "feeling" to do my holiday quilts it's the last minute !! I am forever doing this ! :roll:
    sounds like me ! I am only thinking about Christmas now, wish I would have made that cute Halloween wall hanging, I got last year! Thanksgiving, never happens. So maybe Christmas projects will happen, but not till next year.

Blog Entries
    I start planning my Christmas gifts in January. I mark my craft/quilting calander in 4 sections. When I reach the date of each section I know I have to have a number of quilts done. As long as I stay on schedule I get to enjoy December without have anything that has to be done. I can work on what I want.

Blog Entries
    I did some pre-holiday planning this year and it's working out better for me. I planned my homemade gifts and got started early making them. I'm almost half through with six gifts for girls at the office. So I'm feeling pretty good.

it's called denial ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I start planning my Christmas gifts in January. I mark my craft/quilting calander in 4 sections. When I reach the date of each section I know I have to have a number of quilts done. As long as I stay on schedule I get to enjoy December without have anything that has to be done. I can work on what I want.
    Wow! You are so organized. I'm so jealous

:hunf: