Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHY do I have to go

Angry WHY do I have to go

I want to QUILT. I want to piece and cut and play in my studio ...

WHY do I have to go to work?
    WHY do I have to share my days off with housework?

WHO took my lottery ticket anyway?

Yes, I have the day off tomorrow. Now, WHY are all my hours occupied with OTHER things?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-12-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: fix title

Blog Entries
    Oh my Dear Sister, I know where your at. It's life and we have to enjoy the ride. I am retired now and as I look back, it was stressful and frustrating. Just take a deep breath and sew when you can. It will wait for your tender touch.
    Linda

I'm right there with ya sista! DH is working out of town this weekend and what am I doing? Going to dinner tonight with a girl I helped raise that is soon going to Afghanastan and all her friends and family. Tomorrow will be a bday party for her little girl and then keep 2 of my granddaughters overnight. Sunday is church then probably take the girls and their baby brother and mom out to do something fun...not so much time to sew but I figure I'll make memories this weekend and store them up to replay in my mind when I'm retired and sewing...

Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!

Blog Entries
    My son was laid off work last week and I feel the same way. He shares my sewing room as his place so when he is home I do not go back there to sew. I feel like I invade his space it is not him that cares. I want to rant a bit too.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

YAY, a bunch of ranting sisters!! I GET that its all good, overall... First World problems and all that.... it's just I feel INSPIRED suddenly and there is this calendar piling up against my wishes!!!

I get to go to Houston in a few weeeks... I will have all the 'quilting' exposure I can bear... It's just sometimes.....

Such a wonderful thing is ranting! I have had lots and lots of experience in this and have gotten so good at it!
    Right this moment don't have a rant, hope it will be a while before I do. However, I do empathize with each one of you.

delma

Well now that I am old and can manage my time as I like, I spend a lot of it missing my active years when my kids were home and life was a mad house. Enjoy the busy life you have now as it changes soon enough.

????????? My thread title just changed????????

Power Poster
    Or as soon as one has a few dollars set aside - something 'necessary' comes up - like a car repair or an appliance dies or a vet bill - or some unexpected medical expense!

Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    Well now that I am old and can manage my time as I like, I spend a lot of it missing my active years when my kids were home and life was a mad house. Enjoy the busy life you have now as it changes soon enough.
    When my husband and I met we both had 3 teenagers, we raised them together and when they were launched into life we looked around and said "What do we do now?"

We decided we loved being parents, having a loud, boisterous, joy filled house and had another baby (ours together) and adopted 5 more. Even in the midst of the chaos I wouldn't trade it for all of free quilting time in the world!

On those days where the thought, "What was I thinking???!!!", becomes too intrusive (and it does happen) I think about how sad life seemed when I didn't have kids, kittens, and scattered lego on the floor, and sinks full of dishes and piles of the laundry and I pour myself another cup of coffee.....read the QB and rest assured that there is a day coming when I'll have all of the sewing time I could ever hope for and I will MISS this life.
    Married to my best friend, Mother of six, Adoption Advocate, Critter Collector, Goat Milker, Chicken Wrangler and Diligent Seeker.....QUILTING keeps me SANE!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast