View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 04:33 AM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
Well now that I am old and can manage my time as I like, I spend a lot of it missing my active years when my kids were home and life was a mad house. Enjoy the busy life you have now as it changes soon enough.
When my husband and I met we both had 3 teenagers, we raised them together and when they were launched into life we looked around and said "What do we do now?"

We decided we loved being parents, having a loud, boisterous, joy filled house and had another baby (ours together) and adopted 5 more. Even in the midst of the chaos I wouldn't trade it for all of free quilting time in the world!

On those days where the thought, "What was I thinking???!!!", becomes too intrusive (and it does happen) I think about how sad life seemed when I didn't have kids, kittens, and scattered lego on the floor, and sinks full of dishes and piles of the laundry and I pour myself another cup of coffee.....read the QB and rest assured that there is a day coming when I'll have all of the sewing time I could ever hope for and I will MISS this life.