Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Will you be making your Christmas Gifts? >

Will you be making your Christmas Gifts?

Will you be making your Christmas Gifts?

Old 08-06-2010, 11:02 PM

I'm making all of mine again this year. Nearly everyone will get a lap quilt, and a few people will get a bed-sized quilt. I may throw a few tree skirts in the mix, too, depending on how things go.

The nieces and nephews will get a little bit of cash again. There's "only" 11 of them. Whew! I don't see them often enough to keep up with what each of them likes, but what kid doesn't like money? ;) Last year I tucked the money into a magic wallets (handmade). They got a kick out of them. :)

There are a couple of adults that think storebought is "better" than handmade, but they get what they get. If they don't like it, oh well! :P
Old 08-07-2010, 05:22 AM

I have a Christmas to do list, and decided on a project to make for each family member. Just not sure it will be Christmas 2010, or 2011, or 2012....LOL

Will try my best for this year.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Are you making progress on your Christmas gifts?
Yes, I finished a throw for my nephew, but now I need to finish a retirement gift for early September and two more birthday gifts for October. After those are done, I'll get back to my Christmas list!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:30 PM

Absolutely! I'm crocheting some cute mary-jane type slippers for my mom and mom-in-law, also want to make a mini pair for our friend's baby girl, who will be 13 months by Xmas. Also want to make my granny a lap-quilt and monogram some shirts for hubby.