Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Windows 8

T.
    I will just have to hang on to the computer I have, because if you buy a new one, it'll probably come with W8 already installed. I'll wait until they get all the bugs out & get the fixed up version

We recently got a new desk top with windows 8 What a loser bit of technology! So everyone bypasses the front page and goes right to the windows 7 desktop in the corner. My IT guy told me he could convert it to Windows7 easily I do believe I will be doing that. I have been looking for a new computer for work and of course they are all W8 but most of them say Windows7/8 that is how much most people don't want W8. If any of you are struggling with printing on the Windows 8, download Adobe. EASY fix!

Blog Entries
    Why didn't MS just "fix" the problems with their best, easiest to use OS...XP instead of costing us too much time and money for the junk they are putting out now; Vista, 7 and 8 are pains where a pill can't reach. I still keep XP on 2 of my 4 computers because I love it. My next computer may just be a Mac!!!

Blog Entries
    Do you really believe there will be a fixed up version???? It will probably be windows 9 and another fiasco!
    Quote Originally Posted by T. View Post
    I will just have to hang on to the computer I have, because if you buy a new one, it'll probably come with W8 already installed. I'll wait until they get all the bugs out & get the fixed up version

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    You guys are scaring me! My new desktop will be here at the end of the week and of course, it is loaded with Windows 8. I had just gotten used to Windows 7 on my laptop in the past year or so. Will you all be around when I am pulling my hair out and need "friends"? I sure hope so.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    You guys are scaring me! My new desktop will be here at the end of the week and of course, it is loaded with Windows 8. I had just gotten used to Windows 7 on my laptop in the past year or so. Will you all be around when I am pulling my hair out and need "friends"? I sure hope so.
    Sure we will be........
    We will be making you quilted hats and scarves to hide the bald spots from pulling out your hair. Until it all grows back in.

Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

QKO
    Wow, I've never seen such a panic over a non-issue.

If you like the Windows 7 desktop, it's all still there. Just find the "desktop" icon and click on it, wha-la, Windows 7.

Well, except for a couple of things. It's way faster, more stable, and more efficient than Windows 7...

Blog Entries

You're wonderful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QKO View Post
    Move your pointer to the bottom left corner, click on the icon for the start screen.

On the screen that comes up, click on "Desktop" icon.

Wha la -- Windows 7 desktop appears.

Feel better now?
    You little wonder bunny....thank you, thank you, thank you!! You've just solved one of the bigger stupid problems in my life and I am very very grateful!! blessings to you!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3