Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Wishes for safe travelling

to anyone who has to be out today. We had to cut our trip to PA short and leave 8:30 this morning :( We wanted to just hang out with my family in PA until the storm passed, but we couldn't trust FIL (82 years old, and a little frail) to wait for us to start the shoveling. He would attempt by himself if we weren't here. The snow started as soon as we got into Brooklyn. Now we're both hunkered down, DH watching football, and me sitting here drinking coffee. The positive side to coming home early - a whole week to make quilts! :D

If you need to travel in the snow today, I hope you're already there. Stay safe, everyone!

You were smart to leave PA early today. It's a blizzard down here now & not supposed to stop till 1:00p.m. tomorrow with possible to 2-3 inches an hour. You would probably be stuck here if you waited till tomorrow.

It's a blizzard here in Queens as well. Got plenty of food on hand and have spent the day so far catching up on odds and ends.

Hope everyone else is warm, dry and safe and sending a thank you to our sanitation workers who will work very hard to clear the roads for us.

Glad you made it home safe. Take care and stay warm

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Everyone be careful!

Quote Originally Posted by hannajo
    to anyone who has to be out today. We had to cut our trip to PA short and leave 8:30 this morning :( We wanted to just hang out with my family in PA until the storm passed, but we couldn't trust FIL (82 years old, and a little frail) to wait for us to start the shoveling. He would attempt by himself if we weren't here. The snow started as soon as we got into Brooklyn. Now we're both hunkered down, DH watching football, and me sitting here drinking coffee. The positive side to coming home early - a whole week to make quilts! :D

If you need to travel in the snow today, I hope you're already there. Stay safe, everyone!
    Glad you got home okay!!!
    My son and dil are in NYC right now (Sunday) and are leaving (Monday morning) for NC for jobs on Tues. I am a little concerned and praying. They drove...it is about 10 hours or so for them.

Glad you worried about your FIL!!! I lost my mom this year at age 83! Can't replace them! I miss her!

Glad you got home safe!