Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Word of warning!!!!

Glad nothing happened to you! Thanks for the reminder.

Blog Entries
    Yikes! Glad I don't drink soda!!! I knew a lady who grabbed a drink in her sons car thinking it was his soda- someone threw cigarette butts in it! Eeeeeeeee!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Do not -- and I mean DO NOT leave your bottle of soda out on the deck and start drinking without looking at it!!!!! I'd left it open.....drank the last 2 swallows -- felt something kinda like something in the drink -- YIP - there was!!! a BEE!!!! YIKES!!! I'm semi-allergic to bees --would've been interesting to have been stung on my tongue or lip!!!! :shock: :shock:
    To avoid the possibility of being stung, always blow firmly into your bottle or can before drinking anything that has been sitting outside. The pressure of your breath taking up the space in the container will quite often force the intruder to leave the premises. ;-)

I have done this before but luckily wasn't stung. I have been stung inside the mouth though (while riding my bike). And yes, I am allergic. It was not a fun experience and is very scary.

glad you wasn't stung.

Glad nothing happened.

The DH from a friend swallowed several bees out of a soda can he left unattended on the deck. Bad news he had to be hospitallized. I am glad you are OK.

Kas
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Do not -- and I mean DO NOT leave your bottle of soda out on the deck and start drinking without looking at it!!!!! I'd left it open.....drank the last 2 swallows -- felt something kinda like something in the drink -- YIP - there was!!! a BEE!!!! YIKES!!! I'm semi-allergic to bees --would've been interesting to have been stung on my tongue or lip!!!! :shock: :shock:
    And don't leave one open at a party. I went to take a drink of my soda once and someone had put out there cigarette in my can! I almost barfed. Yuck. I am glad you are ok. That would not have been fun.

Power Poster
    Glad you weren't stung!

Blog Entries
    Glad you weren't stung. Being allergic is no fun. I am so allergic to bees that I can't even eat anything with honey in it. The last time put me on a ventilator for a week!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast