Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Word of warning!!!!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    most definitly glad you weren't stung...

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    they make something now out of plastic, it snaps on the open can and has a top like a soda bottle, so you can keep it closed. Keeps the bubbles in too.

here are some

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...soda+can+cover
    I actually have some of those ---- but I was drinking from a bottle that has it's own lid!!! The lid was here by the computer and the bottle was on the deck!!!!!!!! LOL Some of us just can't learn!

Quote Originally Posted by PatchGirl
    This actually happened to a man at work and he had to go to the emerg. room and because of it being on co. time/work related etc. they did a standard drug test which he failed because he had been doing drugs! What are the chances of being found out like that??!! Glad you didn't get stung!!
    Man --- he REALLY had a bad day!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    That happened to my daughter. She was in 1st grade and went on field trip. Bee got down in can and she got stung!
    We buy only bottles now. Can put lids back on.

A stroke of luck. How about pouring your soda into a glass so you can see what's in it! I rarely drink soda but always pour it into a glass of ice.

Blog Entries
    that would be horrible, but I had a glass of iced tea and picked it up to find a litle green tree frog about to "sip" my tea! end of that glass of iced tea - but left it in an open dish if he happened to want more! lol

I have a profound fear of bees, wasps, hornets, etc. Stems from a childhood incident. I will not drink from a soda can under any conditions, whether inside or outside. I will always pour my drink into a cup so I can see if there is any "undesireable" in it. Yikes!!

So glad you weren't stung. I'm allergic to bees too.

Wow, I see a bee around our deck I'm running inside I'm deathly allergic to them. I never drink directly out of any soda can I always use a straw so that might be my only saving grace. Glad you didn't get stung!

Dee I would have freaked! Glad you didn't get stung!

One time a friend told us that if we left wine cooler bottles with just a little bit of wine cooler left in them around the sides of the porch that it would attract all those nasty yellow jackets and that they would drown themselves in the bottles.
    Seemed like a good idea at the time, so we did it.
    Well that night we heard quite a ruckus going on. The next morning the bottles all had clawed off labels and were laying here and there all over the yard. The raccoons had themselves a party and must not have minded a bee or two in their beverages. :-D

Power Poster
    Not bad, bad roda. I've done the same thing, laughed when someone fell on the ice, or like your husband with the swollen lip, I even laugh when I fall, for me it's a nervous reaction and I can't help it. Once a can of tuna fell on my toe from a height of about 2 feet and the can landed on the corner. I was hopping around, laughing, cursing, our puppy was hiding behind DH and when my DH saw the tears, he knew I was hurt badly.

my dad did that years ago and it stung him , his mouth was swollen for over a week !!!

Blog Entries
    Oh no! Glad you are OK. :D

I am very allergic to bees, more so since when we moved down here, I was stung the night before we moved by a wasp, and ended up having to stop in Gulfport for treatment. We made it down here, then I had to return to St. Louis on a turn around. I was walking thru the gangway between the houses and was attacked by three yellow jackets. YIKES! Being on the meds already helped, but OMG. Docs said to beware of the bees from then on, because they could be fatal.

So, of course we had a heavy bee infestation in the three big fir trees right in front of my front door. I couldn't leave the house by the front at all, and was in fear for my life. We called a bee keeper to see if he could come get them. He told us to get Dawn lemon dishsoap and put it in the lawn sprayer and spray the trees. We did, and the bees fell out and died. We hated to do it, but it was them or me.

I was driving thru town one day and two bees flew into the car window, right at me. I threw it in park and leaped out, lol. A nice man got them out for me. I really should carry an epipen.

Blog Entries
    Same goes for beer. :)

Good tip, wouldn't have thought of that. I did once take a sip of coffee and had this funny thing in my mouth. It was a gnat, yuck! Well there is that old saying about eating a pound of dirt before we die, does that go for insects too?

When we auctioned the possessions in my aunt's house, a girl did get bit on her tongue. Luckily Benadryl took care of it.

Yellow jackets in open cans. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm curious....what do you mean by "semi-allergic"?

I know, I sound like Betty White's character on Golden Girls who asks...."Can I ask a dumb question?

I always figured when it came to bee stings and penicillin it was an either or situation.

Blog Entries
    Oh, yuck! Nasty to find anything in your drink. Glad you are okay.

There was a local man that was golfing and he took a drink out of his pop can and he was stung. Unfornately he did die. But yes when we see someone who has been stung and has survived and has a big fat lip it is hard not to laugh.

Blog Entries
    Thank heavens you didn't get stung. I did that last year and I learned I can spit really good. Bee was still alive.

dd
    There are different degrees of being allergic to anything, I work for an allergist. Some people get big red welts while I really don't get much of anything and the next person will be sent to the hospital, chest tightness and throat closing. Some people can just take a Benedryl and others need their Epi-pen, which only comes in a dual pack now, FYI. I don't need to take anything, a little baking soda maybe. It's just like with anything else, foods, trees, grasses whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2