Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Would love to take a cruise...which cruise lines do you like, which ones should I avoid?

My husband and I would really like to take a cruise..7-10 days to Alaska, or the Caribbean.
    We would prefer a cruise that caters to adults, rather than young families.
    We have been looking into Oceania cruises which look particularly nice, 2 for 1 fares, free airfare, all inclusive.
    I'm hoping some of you have cruised and will have some advice to share. Thanks.
    ;)

We recently went on an Alaskan cruise with Holland American. It was very nice. Definitely adult oriented.

Blog Entries
    Stear clear of Carnival in the Caribbean. I took a 4 day, 3 night cruise and it was full of kids and more kids. Folks were not very friendly and they pushed past me and my elderly mother to get on the elevator. The crew was worse. During the life jacket drill they yelled at both me and Mom for not having our life jackets done just so.

Blog Entries
    Holland America! The staff is fabulous, ditto food. They mostly only get kids during the holidays. They are mostly smaller ships which makes getting around easier.

I agree: Holland America! I have been on an Alaskan cruise (lovely and planning to go again next year), and the Grand Asia & Australia. Wonderful crew and staff on both ships. Always helpful. Definitely more adult clientele.

I have only been on the Royal Caribbean ship but I think price will be a big reason there would be more kids so if you can avoid the really rock bottom priced cruises then it would work to your advantage.
    Our ship had a number of under 35's but not so many that it was a problem and we had a very nice crew and friendly shipmates!
    Enjoy your cruise!

Blog Entries
    Cruised on Celebrity twice, loved it. Sailed Norwegian once, in our opinion, the Motel 6 of cruise lines.

Been on Royal Caribbean twice and plan to go again this winter! It was top notch for my taste!

Royal Carib and Holland Am are the best. Carnival was awful. Once for them was enough for us.

I go every year with Royal Caribbean, love them!!! I made a mistake once and went on Carnival, never again.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast