Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: You know it's bad when...

you leave your house at 6 am to get to work by 7 and you do not get there until 10:30!! OMG was it horrible!
    Hope everyone else has a better day than driving in crappy weather.
    Hugs
    April

How far away is work for crying out loud??

Quote Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    you leave your house at 6 am to get to work by 7 and you do not get there until 10:30!! OMG was it horrible!
    Hugs
    April
    That is why I live in the south, although I'd love a good snow once a year. They are calling for it this weekend - yeah. But may get ice too. You northerners will love this - if they even call for snow here and we barely get a dusting, schools are closed and many offices (mine included) come in late to work. Another reason to love the snow. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    Hugs
    April
    That is why I live in the south, although I'd love a good snow once a year. They are calling for it this weekend - yeah. But may get ice too. You northerners will love this - if they even call for snow here and we barely get a dusting, schools are closed and many offices (mine included) come in late to work. Another reason to love the snow. :lol:
    I have heard of this and it is crazy to me that they do that lol. Sorry it took you so long to get to work April, I dread driving when it is like that here, I too work early in the morning and I have a 45 min drive to work in good weather! Glad you made it there safe:)

Yes my normal commute is 45 minutes but for some oddball reason people decided with a new dusting of snow to drive a bit retardedly so it made the drive a standstill. The problem is the road I use to get to work most people also use to get in to NYC for work so it was bumper to bumper three lanes of traffic :-(
    But I am here and safe and that is what counts :-)
    Hugs
    April

Quote Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    Hugs
    April
    You forgot how they buy out the stores, not a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread to be found LOL
    And just the mention of snow, everyone is nervous and talking about it, like there is a blizzard coming :lol: :lol:

Ok you can laugh but I plan to stock up and NEVER go out when it snows.. luckily I am moving where it snows but doesnt stay for more than a few days before you can drive safely. I would be the moron with the milk load in my cart (cant drink coffee without it). I live (for two more days only) in the Silicon Valley. I think you should immediately get back in the car so you can get home in time for bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Ok you can laugh but I plan to stock up and NEVER go out when it snows.. luckily I am moving where it snows but doesnt stay for more than a few days before you can drive safely. I would be the moron with the milk load in my cart (cant drink coffee without it). I live (for two more days only) in the Silicon Valley. I think you should immediately get back in the car so you can get home in time for bed.
    LOL not a bad plan...I knew the bed was calling my name for a reason this morning-never should have gotten up !
    Hugs
    April

Your bad day is the exact reason I took a personal day today. I too drive almost an hour on a good day and the traffic reports were saying how bad it was. So I'm home and sewing, which is a much, much better day!

No fair Donna! I wish I was home sewing-I have the ability to work from home....why didnt I???
    Hugs
    April

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast