Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You know it's bad when...

Blog Entries
    I'm glad to hear that you made it to work ok...although it took way too long. Been there done that. My job is 30 miles from home and in good weather I leave and hour before start time. That way if anything happens I have a little bit of extra time. Two years ago, I left home at 9 a.m., (my start time that day was noon) and I didn't get to work till 1 p.m.!!! Driving on I-80 in a snow/ice storm was crazy. Even the 18 wheelers were barely moving and there were sooo many vehicles in the ditches. I kept telling DH to please just take me home. He laughed and said that he would...later....after work. Glad that I didn't get into trouble or anything...going home in the dark that night was even worse. Please be careful...Wouldn't know what to do without our April here. :D Hugs......... :D Tigger :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe
    The roads here are hilly and curvy, coupled with the fact that there is little budgeting for snow removal, you have the recipe for gridlock. My biggest fear in those years was being trapped for hours while driving on the Beltway. I stocked foods, water, blankets, batteries, kitty litter, and a small shovel in the trunk in the event I was stuck. The one thing I could never figure out was "how to rig up a portable toilet." :roll:

Have you ever heard of a thunder jug?! :-D

Seriously, folks, I know that snow & ice can be a problem and I'm glad no one has written that they've been in an accident. As much as I joke about winter in New England, I know that what we get is sometimes just a fraction of what other parts of the country can experience.

Primarily, we get a smattering of everything and learned to be prepared, as much as we can be. However, when a storm is forecast, a lot of people react as if the sky were falling and only milk and bread can save the day! :-)

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean. One time I left work earily because we were getting a fast moveing storm. I left at 12 And got home 7 1/2 hrs later I got home.

Lyn
    My son is in Richmond, VA. They just got 10-12 inches of snow. It is paralyzing down south. He parked his car at home and is walking everywhere. The problem is when it melts it overwhelms the streets. Up here in NH we had a heavy snow storm and as I was shoveling snow a young girl who went to high school walked to the bus stop. The bus came and picked her up. They slapped chains on it. Up here if you don't drive in snow, you stay inside for almost 6 months. Richmond and further south are not used to this at all. Ice storms are a whole different matter!

You might as well move to the greater Los Angeles area. Your commute would be about like that every day, but your feet would be warm and dry the whole time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2