Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuck! I found a tick.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    And it was attached to me. With everything I'm dealing with now I am worried about getting a disease from the darn thing. The spot is not bothering me but just the thought of it freaks me out. This has been a tough week for me.

Watch to see if the spot gets a "bull's eye" type of rash around it. If it does, go see your doctor.

I just posted a response to your injury and came across this one. I'm an old hand at ticks. I'm surprised you ran into one this late in the summer. Most ticks are not the carriers; just a creepy source of itch. When detaching one get the whole body with a tweezer and pull it off head and all. I flush the little buggers down the toilet so it won't reappear some how as they are very hard to kill.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tdgiffin
    Watch to see if the spot gets a "bull's eye" type of rash around it. If it does, go see your doctor.
    It looks good this morning. So far so good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kit'smamma
    I just posted a response to your injury and came across this one. I'm an old hand at ticks. I'm surprised you ran into one this late in the summer. Most ticks are not the carriers; just a creepy source of itch. When detaching one get the whole body with a tweezer and pull it off head and all. I flush the little buggers down the toilet so it won't reappear some how as they are very hard to kill.
    I got him head and all and flushed it. It hurt when I plucked out. I was thinking the same about it being late in the season. Don't know where I picked him up from probably my folks while checking on the garden, what's left of it.

Super Member Chigger Holler Quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So sorry! Those critters can be unnerving!!! If memory serves me right a tick needs to be "attached" for around 6 hours before you really have to worry about Lymes. I have bad reactions to tick bites even if they're not infected. The one thing I have found that stops the itch is Noxema! (the regular old face cleaner) It's inexpensive and really is the ONLY thing that relieves the itching for me, so if you have a problem with itching give it a try. :)....:(...:)

Blog Entries
    I don't have any itching which surprises me. I put rubbing alcohol on after getting the tick it out.

Blog Entries
    I have Lyme disease and it only comes from Deer Ticks which are itty bitty. Not the regular garden variety tick. You get Rocky Mountain spotted fever from them but I have never known of anyone getting that.

Ugh.......I hate ticks!

Blog Entries
    We live on a farm way out in the country and we are used to ticks - lived here for 40+ years and raised 3 kids here - many ticks and no sickness, ever. My DD went away to college and lived in a dorm the first two years and shared one bathroom down the hall - it was very big with lots of showers, sinks, toilets, etc. One day she heard a girl scream and scream and finally decided that she needed to go to see what was going on. A crowd had formed in the bathroom with the poor girl, naked, screaming because a tick was attached to her "bottom". Nobody knew what to do, except for my DD - she was the one elected to remove the tick!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast