Begginer

Old 11-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Welcome from central Connecticut. Very pretty first project!
Old 11-22-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom View Post
welcome from se TX
I lived very close to where you are, we were in The Woodlands, lol! Looks like we will be moving back to TX soon as well.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:22 PM

Hello and Welcome from New Mexico. I took a look at your kit and think you are off to a good start. There are a couple of tips that I use that I would like to offer.
1. I spray starch my fabric especially when I am going to make seams along a diagonal. When you sew on the bias of the fabric it wants to stretch. the starch stabilizes your fabric. I noticed those triangle on the corners of your blocks and thought you might be wise to spray starch--it's easy and cheap and it helps.
2. I like to draw off a correctly sized diagram of my block onto cardboard or even typing paper. When I am piecing I can compare my block to this image of what it ought to be. If I am doing something wrong, I catch on before I do it again. I am about a year into quilting and I can tell you that you can't ignore little variances from the block pattern you are making. Every ignored mistake will have to be dealt with eventually.
3. Relax and enjoy your piecing and quilting. There is nothing more enjoyable than seeing a quilt come together.
4. Whatever you do, don't pre-judge yourself. Many people say that they are not happy with their quilts until they actually get the final quilting and binding done.

I wish you all the best---Janice