Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Hand quilter excited to join!

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome! I have only been a member here for a few days and I have already found so many new inspirations and ideas for new projects. I'm so happy to have found such a great community of fellow quilters!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Canada. I'm just trying hand piecing. Wanted to learn hand quilting but was talked out of it many times. Nice to know there are others that are keeping up the tradition.

Vicky K, I think it's horrible that you were talked out of hand quilting! I personally love it and think it's actually much easier and so much more relaxing than machine quilting, and makes your quilts so special having that hand touch! Of course, that's just my biased opinion, but I encourage everyone to try hand quilting! Especially in the winters, I love sitting under a big warm quilt working on it, and use it as something productive to do while watching tv.

Power Poster
    Hello and welcome from Minnesota!
    Happy quilting!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmellin
    Vicky K, I think it's horrible that you were talked out of hand quilting! I personally love it and think it's actually much easier and so much more relaxing than machine quilting, and makes your quilts so special having that hand touch! Of course, that's just my biased opinion, but I encourage everyone to try hand quilting! Especially in the winters, I love sitting under a big warm quilt working on it, and use it as something productive to do while watching tv.
    Their opinion was "its too much work, why would anyone want to do it" and "need lots of practice to make it look good, so don't bother". Each to their own. I don't need them to learn. This website is amazing and I found a great book from the library.
    I just stocked up on fat quarters to do some hand piecing, can't wait to decide on which ones to use.

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from Michigan...you do beautiful work, thanks for sharing with us.

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome from Little Sue in Myakka City Fl

Welcome from Central NY! I'm new here, too.

Between Frankfurt and Heidelberg, Germany
    Hello Jody and welcome from Germany :). Your hand quilting looks wonderful. How in the world can you make these even stitches?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6