Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello to All!

This is an awesome place! Lots of talented sewers/quilters! Thanks for letting me in. I hope to learn to quilt, maybe even find someone in PA (Berks/Lancaster Co.?) who would be a mentor. For now I am experimenting on my own. So far I made two crazy quilt blocks, got stumped and turned them into something else. Had to be there, lol. Not giving up, yet. Looking forward to hearing from anyone!

Hello! And welcome! :-)

There's people of ALL skill levels here, so don't fret. :-)

I have to tell you... I met a guy from Pennsylvania once, and me and my big mouth I blurted out "wow, isn't that where Dracula is from?!?"

When he stopped laughing he pointed out it was TRANSylvania I was thinking of.

I told him I was Australian as an excuse! ;-)

Thanks for the welcome, Blue Chicken - and the story! It was amusing. My daughter went to Australia/New Zealand for two weeks when she was 13 through People to People International. She says it was wonderful, and ever since, she hopes to be able to return some day! (She's 20 now...) See you around!

Morning!!

Welcome from Nottingham, UK - home to Robin Hood LOL.

Your going to love it here, need any help just ask your be amazed at the response.
    See you in chat maybe sometime :wink:

Tisha

Good morning to you too, and thanks for the welcome! Home of Robin Hood? Made me laugh. Couldn't sleep here - the Mad Snorer is at it again. Nice to have some "company." Eventually I hope to chat. I'm sure I will have lots of questions!

Quote Originally Posted by *QuilterWannabee*
    Good morning to you too, and thanks for the welcome! Home of Robin Hood? Made me laugh. Couldn't sleep here - the Mad Snorer is at it again. Nice to have some "company." Eventually I hope to chat. I'm sure I will have lots of questions!

LOL - I have one of those snore monsters too - whereabouts are you in Penn, did you say near Lancaster is that an Amish area?

Tisha

Morning and welcome from Ninnie in the heart of North Carolina, or as I like to call it "The Boonies"

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Morning and welcome from Ninnie in the heart of North Carolina, or as I like to call it "The Boonies"
    Oh my goodness... we have "the boonies" too... I never knew it was a world wide phrase! LOL Another name for it is "out in the wop wops". No idea where that originated from.

*QuilterWannabee*, what time is it there? It's 8:35pm here. I'm about to send the kids to bed and have some peace and quiet! :-)

BC, that was always my favorite time, when everyone else was in bed.
    Now I have an empty nest, and can't sleep!

God does have a sense of humor :wink:

Yea Quilter wannabee, where are you that you are up at this hour, it's 4:36 in the morning here!

Welcome and Hafa Adai from Guam!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast