Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from England

Hello everyone from England. I was introduced to your wonderful site by another newbie Billswife :D
    I have pottered around ( I hope thats ok) and I love what I see :D YOu are all so friendly and supportive, my kind of people :D
    Ok a little about me. Hmmmmmm not much to tell really, I am Fair ( blonde) Fat and Fifty lol. I used to work with children with behavioural and physical difficulties but don't work any more. I have three wonderful daughters of my own and three step daughters with my partner Steve, from whom I have five step grandkids :) I also have a wonderful dog called Jay Jay.
    I am not a very experienced quilter but I love to play nicely with the fabric :)
    Looking forward to getting to know some of you

:D Welcome my dear friend!!! I knew you couldn't resist this place! :D

Welcome Buggalugs from Ohio you will learn a lot here I have too.
    Darlene

Hi and a great big welcome from the heart of North Carolina!!

also Blonde, fair, fat , and in fifties! :wink: :wink:

Ninnie

Welcome from Maine.

Another shout out from Ohio......enjoy yourself and look around....don't forget to share what your working on ....we love photo's.....:-).....Welcome

Blog Entries
    Welcome from a comparative newbie in Ireland. I am an exile from Norfolk UK, and now living in this relative quilting desert.

Hello, and welcome from Missouri, in the middle of the US. :lol:

Hi and welcome from Indiana!!

Blog Entries
    Greetings from fake-red, fat and 51 in Sacramento CA. We should have a club. Welcome to the QB :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Greetings from fake-red, fat and 51 in Sacramento CA. We should have a club. Welcome to the QB :lol:
    Okay. We really do need a club. I'm a fake ash blond, fat and 51. Who's gonna be the president?

Welcome to you, Buggy!

Welcome from Southern California. I fit in (fair, fat but not quite 50) except the age I'm only 48.

Ahahaha! I am only 33, but I think I'm extra-fat enough to make up for it. LOL! Can I join?
    (And I have enough roots in my hair to prove that point.)

JK! Welcome aboard from Upper Michigan! This is a fun board and a great place to find like-minded (fabric freaks) people.

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome :D :D :D

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us.

Thank You all so much for the lovely warm welcome :D I'm sorry the reply is late but as you can imagine with our time difference this sometimes happens lol
    Loretta I am in the West of England, Lancashire, although I have only been here for 7 years, I actually come from Yorkshire.
    LaceLady we are almost neighbours :lol: :wink:
    I am so looking forward to getting you know you all... so who do we elect president :wink: :wink: :lol:
    Jacqui

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from a New Englander.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hi buggalugs - when I saw the name I THOUGHT you were from that neck of the woods - my Mum has always called me that when she's annoyed with me. Her family are from Yorkshire (Idle, Bradford) but moved over the Pennines when my Mum was 11. I was born in Blackpool! I always say I'm a pink rose - half red, half white LOL!

Welcome, you'll love it here! Are you an OBW fan like your lovely friend, Jenell?

Hi K :D see what a small world it is we live in :D I like the thought of being a pink rose lolol
    I love OBW 's but as yet I have to gather up the courage to make one :shock: I have the book, I have the fabric.... I don't have the nerve :lol: Jenell is a sweetheart by the way :), wait til you get to see her other quilts :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buggalugs
    Hi K :D see what a small world it is we live in :D I like the thought of being a pink rose lolol
    I love OBW 's but as yet I have to gather up the courage to make one :shock: I have the book, I have the fabric.... I don't have the nerve :lol: Jenell is a sweetheart by the way :), wait til you get to see her other quilts :D
    Ya daft ha'porth! :lol: you don't need a lot of nerve! I'm a complete novice at machine piecing and if you follow the book step by step, it's not that hard - anyway the busy pattern hides all your mistakes! I'm nowhere near Jenell's standard though and so far have only done two with the hexs - am plucking up the courage to try the octogons! :shock: How did you two 'meet up', as there's an ocean between you? I guess online? Isn't it wonderful the way we can communicate with quilters all over the world?! :D

Loretta - you are SUCH an anglophile :D :D :D But if we take up your idea, we better say from Great Britain, otherwise we leave out Elle, Izy and Ellie May for a start! :wink:

Welcome from Roscoe, Illinois!

welcome from Florida...everybody knows where Florida is, bc we stick out! Everybody thinks we are all tourist attractions, orange trees, and white sandy beaches...well, besides that, we are flat landed, have insects and crawlies galore, and mossy, mossy trees..not all palms on postcards, LOL!
    this is a fun thread...like all the fat and fifites being thrown around, with all the fake hair colors, LOL!!! We do describe ourselves in the most flattering of terms, don't we?
    well, I'm a little fluffy, past the fifty point, but nothing fake...anymore.
    I don't know how attractive I am, but get enough of my beautiful grandbabies in pics around me, and makes me look, very blessed! I am!
    It's so much fun to be on a board with ppl from all over!
    K, surprised you call yourself a pink rose, lol, didn't think you cared that much for pink. Pink roses are among my favorites, guess they appeal to Hans too!!! :XD:

Banned
    Welcome from WA :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    K, surprised you call yourself a pink rose, lol, didn't think you cared that much for pink. Pink roses are among my favorites, guess they appeal to Hans too!!! :XD:
    C - the red rose is the symbol of Lancashire, where I was born and the white rose is the symbol of Yorkshire, where my mother's family is from, so I'm a hybrid! The War of the Roses united in one body! :lol:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast