Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from England >

Hello from England

Hello from England

Old 06-10-2009, 03:38 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by buggalugs
Hi K :D see what a small world it is we live in :D I like the thought of being a pink rose lolol
I love OBW 's but as yet I have to gather up the courage to make one :shock: I have the book, I have the fabric.... I don't have the nerve :lol: Jenell is a sweetheart by the way :), wait til you get to see her other quilts :D
Ya daft ha'porth! :lol: you don't need a lot of nerve! I'm a complete novice at machine piecing and if you follow the book step by step, it's not that hard - anyway the busy pattern hides all your mistakes! I'm nowhere near Jenell's standard though and so far have only done two with the hexs - am plucking up the courage to try the octogons! :shock: How did you two 'meet up', as there's an ocean between you? I guess online? Isn't it wonderful the way we can communicate with quilters all over the world?! :D

Loretta - you are SUCH an anglophile :D :D :D But if we take up your idea, we better say from Great Britain, otherwise we leave out Elle, Izy and Ellie May for a start! :wink:
Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 AM

Welcome from Roscoe, Illinois!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

welcome from Florida...everybody knows where Florida is, bc we stick out! Everybody thinks we are all tourist attractions, orange trees, and white sandy beaches...well, besides that, we are flat landed, have insects and crawlies galore, and mossy, mossy trees..not all palms on postcards, LOL!
this is a fun thread...like all the fat and fifites being thrown around, with all the fake hair colors, LOL!!! We do describe ourselves in the most flattering of terms, don't we?
well, I'm a little fluffy, past the fifty point, but nothing fake...anymore.
I don't know how attractive I am, but get enough of my beautiful grandbabies in pics around me, and makes me look, very blessed! I am!
It's so much fun to be on a board with ppl from all over!
K, surprised you call yourself a pink rose, lol, didn't think you cared that much for pink. Pink roses are among my favorites, guess they appeal to Hans too!!! :XD:
Old 06-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Banned

Welcome from WA :D
Old 06-10-2009, 07:08 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
K, surprised you call yourself a pink rose, lol, didn't think you cared that much for pink. Pink roses are among my favorites, guess they appeal to Hans too!!! :XD:
C - the red rose is the symbol of Lancashire, where I was born and the white rose is the symbol of Yorkshire, where my mother's family is from, so I'm a hybrid! The War of the Roses united in one body! :lol:
Old 06-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
C - the red rose is the symbol of Lancashire, where I was born and the white rose is the symbol of Yorkshire, where my mother's family is from, so I'm a hybrid! The War of the Roses united in one body! :lol:
so that explains...you! LOL! used to be a war inside, finally settling down and integrating. I think that's me too, but don't know what color that would be... :roll:
Old 06-10-2009, 07:41 AM

Now didn't I tell you this was a fun place? :D I see you have met Kathryn, we will have to see if Milica will join us here since she is in France half the time.

Jacqui and I met on another quilting site. We started quilting just about the same time so we have helped each other along in several of our projects, she helps me more than I help her. We have been fast friends ever since and I wouldn't trade her for anything! [img]http://bestsmileys.com/love2/20.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

I am grey, fat, and sixty three today, am I too old for this club?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACELADY!!!

We'll let you be "president" of our club -- OK??
Old 06-10-2009, 08:58 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
so that explains...you! LOL! used to be a war inside, finally settling down and integrating. I think that's me too, but don't know what color that would be... :roll:
C - the Wars of the Roses were fought between Lancaster and York for the throne of England http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses they didn't REALLY rage inside me! :mrgreen: