Hello everyone

Old 05-31-2016, 10:31 AM

Welcome, Casey, from South Louisiana. I have been sewing since 7th grade but only began experimenting with quilting as I neared my retirement years. Even though it's been twenty-ish years, I still consider myself a newbie of sorts. There are many things I admire but still don't have the confidence to start (yet). During summer breaks from school I watched Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson. Learned a LOT from her and her guests. As someone else mentioned, the You Tube tutorials have been so very helpful. Jenny has a way of simplifying things, making it fun yet challenging. Believe me, it's so easy to become hooked on the QB as well as quilting.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:35 PM

Cosplay and LARP was my big motivation for sewing as well! Awesome! Also looking at getting into quilting (mainly from seeing some really beautiful artwork on some quilts on display and would love to be able to create something so beautiful! Nice to meet you!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:52 PM

Welcome from Virginia.......FYI Jenny at Missouri quilts has several beginner quilting you tubes. She is simple, easy and so nice.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:20 PM

Welcome from Manitoba/Canada.. I began with an old singer bought for $10.00 in yard sale. New nothing of sewing, never mind how to thread it.. But a dear friend of mind had learnt a bit of sewing in school so she would laugh at my stupidity and it got me so frustrated determined to beat her smiling face. I spend the whole day working at it just to prove to her.. I live in a city houses are at arms length. As we were walking down sidewalk saw a sign in a house window sewing classes. Jump at the idea, learnt to make jog suit, the nightgown.. OMG clothes I was the richest gal going back home with huge huge closet of clothes. Giving it away to those in town who couldn't go out to shop.. My status was uplifted in small town.. Community members started noticing me.. It saved my sanity so so many times.To tell u the truth I'm not very good still..
Old 06-17-2016, 10:47 AM

Welcome from NH!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:53 AM

Welcome to the board! There are so many helpful people here that will help with questions or advice I'm sure you will do well. Also - try a search of this board for specific questions - so many things have been discussed that you'll be surprised what you find!