Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Mississippi >

Hello from Mississippi

Hello from Mississippi

Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 AM

Hello everyone, what a treasure chest to find this great site. Tonight I have been finishing up a quilt and on my breaks I have been reading, and looking at all the great pictures here. What a wealth of information, and source for idea's!

I live in Mississippi and I am truely addicted to sewing of all kinds. I just got started a couple of years ago in this and I am self taught. I have depended a lot on the internet to teach myself, as I do not know anyone in my area that sews.

Over the last couple of years I have managed to collect a Singer Futura CE-100 a Singer Futura CE-200, a Brother PR-600, two sergers, a Brother 8???, and a Juki 98QL. I also have a Grace GMQ Pro quilting frame.

I love to shop at Wally World on the $1 and $2 tables and can not resist a bargin elsewhere either. Were pretty close to a Hancocks Fabrics and when I am out of town I scan my GPS for fabric stores in other towns.

I am currently a SAHM and use my sewing to help out with our income. I dont make enough to pay the bills because I always end up spending my money I make on more sewing stuff's!

I am also into cutting vinyl lettering on my plotter and with my Cricut Expression. Along with all that I have a deep love for photography, and have been delving in video editing and self publishing of DVD's. I also have began to digitize my own artwork and purchased artwork using Generations.

I am not only addicted to sewing, I can never have enough threads, and designs. I am sure I will never sew even half of the designs that I have for embroidery, but its just as much fun to collect those as it is to collect fabric stashes. Like most people in sewing I have fabric stuffed everywhere. I currently have one room that is our home office for our regular business as well as it serves as my sewing room, but I ran out of room and have my bedroom stuffed full of all kinds of stuff now too. Were considering either building on or buying a new house because I have outgrown this one. We were joking the other day saying we needed a house with a full size basement for me to use just as my play room!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:50 AM

Glad you found us C2cd! May we help in your addiction!!LOL I love the fact you are new to this (2yrs?) and you have a collection of machines already including a quilting system. You go!! :0)Maybe we can catch you in chat some evening for 'live' quilt chat:)). May your threads never break, your fabric never end, and your posts never end!:))So glad you found us! Welcome! Welcome! Skeat
Old 04-17-2008, 01:20 PM

Hafa Adai and welcome from Guam!
Old 04-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Welcome!

I'm fairly new and self taught as well! There is a wealth of information here and every one is so nice and kind.

Oh and I love MS, because I can run to Tunica and play poker... :roll:
Old 04-17-2008, 06:25 PM

Welcome! Sounds like you have a great artistic temperment - can't wait to see your pictures!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

Hello and Welcome! I look forward to seeing your work and getting to know you :D
Old 04-18-2008, 03:11 AM

Hello and welcome from Newfoundland, Canada

I too love photography. My boyfriend and I have been playing around with a Canon camera I purchased last year and are anxious for the summer months to get out and take more shots. We are taking our camera to Cuba next week and hope to get some beautiful photos there.

I wanted to get one of those circut machines for my scrapbooking, but I have yet to get around to it. I have been so in depth in my quilting right now, my scrapbooking had to be placed on the back burner for a little bit. One of these days I will get one of those cutters though cause I think they are amazing!!!

Cheers
Old 04-18-2008, 05:05 AM

Welcome to the board! Glad you've joined us.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:30 AM

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I am currently working on a baby quilt and I just took my Easter Quilt off the frame. Long story on that one, and I will be keeping that one for myself. It took way longer than I had planned. My quilts after this baby quilt will be a Ol Miss quilt for my DH and a John Deere quilt for my SS. Will post pictures later.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Welcome to the board! Sounds like you made a great start & jumped right in to the quilting!! I think you are hooked! This site can be an addiction also. LOL