View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 AM
c2cd2008

Hello everyone, what a treasure chest to find this great site. Tonight I have been finishing up a quilt and on my breaks I have been reading, and looking at all the great pictures here. What a wealth of information, and source for idea's!

I live in Mississippi and I am truely addicted to sewing of all kinds. I just got started a couple of years ago in this and I am self taught. I have depended a lot on the internet to teach myself, as I do not know anyone in my area that sews.

Over the last couple of years I have managed to collect a Singer Futura CE-100 a Singer Futura CE-200, a Brother PR-600, two sergers, a Brother 8???, and a Juki 98QL. I also have a Grace GMQ Pro quilting frame.

I love to shop at Wally World on the $1 and $2 tables and can not resist a bargin elsewhere either. Were pretty close to a Hancocks Fabrics and when I am out of town I scan my GPS for fabric stores in other towns.

I am currently a SAHM and use my sewing to help out with our income. I dont make enough to pay the bills because I always end up spending my money I make on more sewing stuff's!

I am also into cutting vinyl lettering on my plotter and with my Cricut Expression. Along with all that I have a deep love for photography, and have been delving in video editing and self publishing of DVD's. I also have began to digitize my own artwork and purchased artwork using Generations.

I am not only addicted to sewing, I can never have enough threads, and designs. I am sure I will never sew even half of the designs that I have for embroidery, but its just as much fun to collect those as it is to collect fabric stashes. Like most people in sewing I have fabric stuffed everywhere. I currently have one room that is our home office for our regular business as well as it serves as my sewing room, but I ran out of room and have my bedroom stuffed full of all kinds of stuff now too. Were considering either building on or buying a new house because I have outgrown this one. We were joking the other day saying we needed a house with a full size basement for me to use just as my play room!