hello from nc

Old 10-01-2007, 03:25 AM

hi everyone, im from goldsboro north carolina. im 41 and am just learning to quilt. i love it. im glad to have found a place to talk to other people that like to quilt. maybe i can learn a lot about this craft. i work a full time job overnite and have my days to myself so i thought quilting would be a great thing to learn to keep my days busy. ive taught myself a lot of different crafts but love my woodwork and now quilting.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:13 AM
lin

Hi cindyv and welcome to the board. I'm glad you joined! :)
Old 10-01-2007, 11:11 AM

Hi Cindy, you'll love quilting! You can work at your own pace, you can go simple and quick or intricate and detailed, soooo many options! Also most of the quilts you see that at first impression make you think they are too hard for you to do as a beginner will suprise you at how simple they are. I usually like to have a simple no brainer I work on while watching tv at the same time that I have a more complicated one to work on when I'm in the mood. I hope you enjoy :lol:
Old 10-01-2007, 06:24 PM

Hi, Cindy and welcome to the family! I'm sure you are going to love it here. I know I do! Feel free to post any questions, pictures or comments, we'd love to see some of your work. What sort of woodworking do you do? My brother makes cabinets, coffetables, bassinets, chairs, entertainment centers..and the list goes on and on but he is very talented and I love seeing different woodwork!
Old 10-01-2007, 06:36 PM

Welcome Cindy,
Glad you decided to join in the fun. Quilting is addictive so watch out!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 AM

Im working on a quilt right now when i get it done i will post pictures for everyone to see. My woodwork, i do scrollsaw work and am now learning how to use my new lathe. I would love to learn how to do the cabintry work like your brother does, but for now im having loads of fun working with my lathe. I will be making all sorts of christmas ornaments here shortly. I am also going to try and make a quilt stand to put all the new quilts that i learn to make on.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Bri

[I am also going to try and make a quilt stand to put all the new quilts that i learn to make on.]

What a wonderful way to incorporate your two hobbies! Welcome to the board! I used to work night shifts too so I understand your need for a daytime hobby. There are some great people/tips on this board. Be sure to check often! Can't wait to see your work.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 PM

Hi Cindy V,
I'm in Jacksonville, not to awfully far from you. Glad you joined and sure hope you visit us often. I tried working overnights once.....it's just not me. I wouldn't sleep for a week, then I'd lay down and be out for 24 hours. You are a strong strong woman!!

Happy Quilting,
Sharon
Old 10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the board Cindy, glad you joined us :D If you have some time during the day, check out our chats, lots of fun and sharing! I can't wait to see the pictures of your quilts and woodworking projects :D Love the quilt stand project, a handcraft for a handcraft :D :D :D
Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 AM

hi mimisharon, your right jacksonville isnt to far from here. i use to go to jacksonville quite abit in the past years. hope to talk to you again soon.
cindy