Reindroduction

Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 PM

Hello everyone, This is actually a reintroduction. Joined the board some months ago , but have not been able to participate because of demands in my life at the time. Now with changes that had to be made behind me, I am on my way again !
I am pretty much a self taught quilter and I love anything that has to do with quilting. I would love to give this BOM thing a try. I am no way as talented as all you are, but I am willing to try. I love to learn something new everyday, even if it's just a tid-bit. If I understand this right, tomorrow is the 15th and a new block should be posted. Am I right about that ? Anyways, I will be checking back tomorrow. :roll:
Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 AM

Hi Gail!! Grandma always told me to learn at least one new thing every day, "That way you know you're still alive" . So keep on learning those tidbits, they add up quick!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Glad to meet you, again! :D It is true, the only way to learn is just to jump right in.... you will be hooked in no time! :D :D :D
Old 10-15-2007, 04:20 PM

Hi from Orlando! I hope you were able to get the info on the BOM for October 15. I gave it a shot this afternoon. I'm a beginner quilter, and it was kind of challenging, but fun! Can't wait to see yours!
Old 10-16-2007, 06:58 AM

Not new to this site, but I just moved from Largo Fl. to Manchester NH, and I think I must have left some of my brains in Fl. I want to make a circular tablecloth 60", but for the life of me I can't remember how I use to do it. I do remember using a tack to hold string with a pencil at the tip of the folded fabric and mark the circle, it's the folding I forgot. Any help from you quilters? I am a real green horn on making quilts, I have made 7 or 8 and have given to my family, and they just love them. They don't see the boo-boos, as their not quilters, or maybe too polite to point them out. Any help to refresh my mind?

Dotty
Old 10-16-2007, 07:25 AM

Dotty, good luck getting through winter warmly. As to the round tablecloth, I use the string and chalk method too. I fold in quarters, draw the arc, cut and then open up. For 60", the string length should be 30".
Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 AM

Hey, thanks. Sure do appreciate it. Now I have no excuse not to cut it out. I'm still unpacking, thought I lost my embroidery hoops for my Babylock (Ellegante) and the Janome 10K. Whey, what a scare.

Guess I'll be spending a lot of time at home, too scared to drive in snow again. Did it for many years, but not in the last 24. My sewing machines will come in very handy to pass time.

Thanks again.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Hello Chele - Nice to meet you.
I am a beginner too. I stick with easy things and usually don't finish anything ! I printed the BOM off and am working on it now. One thing I don't know anything about is posting pictures. I have a digital camera & a printer / scanner, but have no idea how to get the picture out of the camera and into the computer.
Did you make the quilt that is in your avatar :?: I really like the looks of it.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:07 AM

Hi Gail!

Didn't you notice we missed you? We sound like sisters; "easy and usually don't finish" them!

We hope that we don't have to wait such a long time again!